Sako M78 22 Hornet

Help Support Ruger Forum:

krw

Blackhawk
I have found this bunch to have a broad knowledge of different types and values of firearms. I did a little trading today and came up with a Sako M78 in 22 Hornet. Rifle is in a solid 96% condition. None are listed on Gunbroker, and when I googled it the newest listing was in 2009. Does anyone know anything about these and what a current value would be? Thanks krw

krw

Blackhawk
Beginnin to think I have one of the very few in existence. Basically no info anywhere. Would trade for a RSSE or several pr of XR-3 factory Ivories.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Check the Sako Section in the Blue Book.............It is about a 1500 gun and not in the range of an RSSE(9K and up) or XR3 ivories........Old price on the ivories was 1500. I have no idea where one would find real ones for that money today. Heard of 3k asking recently out in the Eastern US.....Others should chime in.......... :wink:

krw

Blackhawk
I threw that out there for giggles and a response, Thank You Mike. My blue book didn't have them that high. Sold it last nite for not that much but still a hefty profit. And yes I tried to buy some Ivories from the way NE and 3k was the asking price. As much as I would like to have a set or two, I just don't won't them quite that bad :wink: . krw