Sad to say Tyler T Grip Company Officially Dead

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Well it is official, the Tyler T Grip Company is officially dead. The 800 number is disconnected, the website has been taken down and mail is being returned. Sadly I do not expect that anyone will get their money back.

I copied the T-grip fit guide from another website for those that hopefully will find a set on fleabay.

SMITH & WESSON REVOLVERS

#1 For ALL Smith & Wesson "J" frames; models: 30, 31, 34, 36, 37, 38, 47, 60, 63, 649, ect..., made after 1955. Chief, Kit Gun, Bodyguard, Centennial, hand Ejector, ect, also most Charter Arms, Rossi 38 Special, Taurus 85, R.G. Model 31. All guns must have standard factory panel grips, will not fit oversize or rubber grips.

#2 For Smith & Wesson "J" frame revolvers made before 1955. Chief, Terrier, etc. Also for EIG E9, INA, Tiger, Llama X111, some late model Charter Arms, with standard grips.

#3 For ALL Smith & Wesson "K" and "L" SQUARE BUTT frame revolvers; models: 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 48, 64, 65, 66, 67, 547, 581, 586, ect...,. Also fits Astra Cadix, Falcon Revolvers with standard size regular grips, will not fit oversize grips. SQUARE BUTT "K" & "L" FRAMES.

#3R For ALL Smith & Wesson "K" & "L" frame ROUND BUTT: models: 10, 12, 13, 19, 64, 65, 66, 547, 586, ect... and all "K" frame ROUND BUTT models with regular standard size grips, will not fit oversize grips.

#4 For ALL Smith & Wesson "N" frame; models: 22, 25, 27, 28, 29, 57, 58, 629, ect... Patrolman, Outdoorsman, Target Military, 1918 Military, also Miroku, Aster 357, Llama Heavy Frame Revolvers all with standard size grips, will not fit oversize grips. Round or Square butt does not matter for N-Frame Revolvers.

COLT REVOLVERS

#5 For Colt "D" frame Round or Square Butt models. Agent, Cobra, Detective Special, Diamondback, Police Positive made after 1941, with standard size grips.

#6 For Colt "I" & "J" frame models. Python, Trooper, Official Police, Officers Model, Target, 357, MK III, New Service, 1918 Army, with standard size grips.

#7 For Colt, old model made before 1941, Police Positive, Police Positive Special, Detective Special, this model has a very narrow butt, narrow between trigger guard and butt stock, Grips are 1 1/2" at bottom width.

RUGER REVOLVERS

#8 For Ruger, Security Six, Speed Six, Police Service Six, Red Hawk Revolvers with standard factory grips.

dfletcher

Blackhawk
That's too bad, they've been around quite a while. I was going to order a no 8 for my just bought 1978 made Speed Six, guess I'll have to make do with whatever Smith or Colt T I have on it now.

reakin

Single-Sixer
I hope some company steps up to the plate and starts making a similar item. Seems to be a market for them. I've been looking for one for my snubby Security Six for some time now. Haven't had any luck.

reakin

dfletcher

Blackhawk
reakin said:
I hope some company steps up to the plate and starts making a similar item. Seems to be a market for them. I've been looking for one for my snubby Security Six for some time now. Haven't had any luck.

reakin

I think the one on my Speed Six is for a Colt Detective Special - fits very well.

The problem with Tyler, just supposing, is that they didn't have an on line store, ordering and delivering took lots of time and they weren't cataloged by Midway, Grafs, Brownells, etc. I think if folks could "click & buy" the company could make it. Part of the reason I buy their stuff is that I like the look with older guns - an old Smith with Magnas or diamond service stock and a Tyler looks much better than new grips. And new grips have gotten expensive as hell, the Tylers cost all of about $23.00.

stmry

Single-Sixer
Personally I could not care less! I think they were over rated. I feel badly for folks who lost their money.

Tony_The_Liger

Bearcat
Someone has stepped up to the plate under the name of 'BK grips'.

See this thread for more info and pics

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/195543-bk-grip-adapters.html

I don't have personal experience with them, but it seems that if you wanted a T grip, a BK grip might suit you.

Three50seven

Buckeye
I have four sets of Pachmayr Grip adapters, which are essentially the same thing as the Tyler T-Grip, for sale. They are all still in the original boxes. PM me if anyone's interested....I posted them in the classifieds, but there wasn't any interest :roll:

Knuckles

Buckeye
Three50seven said:
I have four sets of Pachmayr Grip adapters, which are essentially the same thing as the Tyler T-Grip, for sale. They are all still in the original boxes. PM me if anyone's interested....I posted them in the classifieds, but there wasn't any interest :roll:

Nice falls avatar... I recon I've been there a time or 5 :wink:

USAFret

Bearcat
I have one of the new BK adapters on my S&W model 36. I was impressed enough to order ones for my S&W models 10 and 17. I'll probably ask the BK grip producer (Kip) when he'll be making one for my Security Six!

Three50seven

Buckeye
knuckles said:
Three50seven said:

Nice falls avatar... I recon I've been there a time or 5 :wink:

Thanks! I've only been there once, too bad it's about a 12 hour drive :cry:

gunman42782

Hunter
I finally received the one I ordered probably 6 months or more ago. Didn't like em and sold em!