Ruger's New 22/45 LITE Review and Video

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tbln930

Bearcat
I sold my Mark III and went SR22. It's just a lot more fun to shoot. The SR22 just feels better and 25% lighter yet. Try them both b4 you buy.

louiethelump

Buckeye
Sal:

they are available in the classified section right now.

Ref the grooves or serrations that some seem so upset about:

Could those be used as mounting grooves for a mount that would slide into two of the grooves (a front and rear one) and then clamp in place? I am thinking for lights, lasers, other accessories maybe? Tactical solutions sells all kinds of add on rails to mount things to; why not Ruger?

Just a thought

Louie

mattsbox99

Hunter
I think I'll keep my Pac Lite. Yet again, Ruger should have built this pistol years ago. Its on my maybe list. Thanks for the review Jeff.

Sal1950

Blackhawk
louiethelump said:
Sal:

they are available in the classified section right now.

Ref the grooves or serrations that some seem so upset about:

Could those be used as mounting grooves for a mount that would slide into two of the grooves (a front and rear one) and then clamp in place? I am thinking for lights, lasers, other accessories maybe? Tactical solutions sells all kinds of add on rails to mount things to; why not Ruger?

Just a thought

Louie

Yep, but as soon as the first production run sells out availability will dry up like a desert.

As to the serrations, that's why they call it the "Lite" folks. LOL
Sal

Njanear

Bearcat
It just doesn't do anything for me. The gold color (but at least it isn't blingy gold, which would be sickening). The big flat on the bottom of the barrel for the safety warning - ugh. The vertical slots milled for lightening (if they had gone for the horizontal cuts or flat-sided it, it MIGHT have helped to offset the bottom flat).

There are some wins for some: ultralight weight (as a plinker or for smaller stature people), replaceable grips, threaded barrel with high sights (for those with suppressors).

To each their own - but not for me in the current configuration.

toysoldier

Hunter
Maybe Ruger could provide this as a "finish it yourself" kit. Just make the cuts to make it functional, and leave the outside countour for the customer to finish. Any professional (and many amateur) machinists could turn or mill the upper to their liking---slabside, taper, half-octagon, ribbed or ??? Use a stainless lower and a heavily-ribbed upper, with better gold anodising, and you'd have a real Buck Rogers pistol! Anyone want to do some photoshop with this?

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
Just back from NRA. We headed for St. Louis as soon as we posted this review.
I like the LITE, and the SR22, and my other Ruger Auto pistols. I don't intend to get rid of any of them.

I am the same way with vehicles. I don't get rid of one when I get another, I just build another garage. Turn a gun or vehicle into cash, and soon the cash is gone, and so is the gun or the pickup.

Jeff

tbln930

Bearcat
The reviews have more meaning when there is disctinction among the similar configurations. All guns are good. :) I was at the show (live near St. Louis) and that crowd was a nightmare for spectators trying to actually get near a booth and see some guns. Remind me to skip it next time. :)

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
As stated oin the text of the review, this 22/45 LITE is 3/4 pound lighter than my steel-top 22/45.

Jeff

Sal1950

Blackhawk
I_Like_Pie said:
RST-4 said:
A new Tri-Color Lightweight!

Lol....I didn't even think of that. The colors are about right too. I wonder if it even crossed their mind?

God I must be getting old, where's the inside joke here?

And about the Tri-Color bit, I only see two, Gold and Black?

Now put some beautiful hardwood grips on it and you'll have a Tri-Color.gun
Sal

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Sal1950 said:
I_Like_Pie said:
RST-4 said:
A new Tri-Color Lightweight!
Lol....I didn't even think of that. The colors are about right too. I wonder if it even crossed their mind?

Sal

No joke really...that is the same color gold as the tri-color.
201187-01.jpg

DSC04198.JPG

Sal1950

Blackhawk
I_Like_Pie said:
Sal1950 said:
I_Like_Pie said:

Sal

No joke really...that is the same color gold as the tri-color.

Ah, thanks so much! Ever feel like everyone was laughing at a joke you just didn't get. LOL
Sal

Latest posts