Ruger Trap Shotgun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

With very few of these to leave the factory I'm wondering if anyone has a * (star) marked Trap Gun? This would denote a used gun from Ruger. The reason I'm asking is I have one that I believe at this time is the only one that Chad has or will have in the upcoming Reference. Would like to hear from anyone else that has one of these. Thanks.
413515629.jpg

Rumored to be less than 300 left the factory. I have one that I have shot. The other is this star marked gun that the letter from Ruger states as being used. Yes, they did mark some guns with a U and others with an asterik (star) and both denote a used gun. Seconds were usually marked with an S. I will post pictures of this gun later this week. I have a Trap gun for sale in the classifieds. I'll bring it to the top in case someone wants to take a look.

chet15

Hawkeye
"S" was the old way Ruger marked a "used gun" or "sample" gun. They did this at least up into the 1970's.
Then they started marking them with a "U". Then an asterisk, I assume because one factory employee told me point blank..."Ruger doesn't sell "used" guns".
Today I don't believe Ruger is marking them at all. They used to get a "USED GUN" stamp on the end of the box but I don't think they're even doing that now.
Chet15

chet15 said:
"S" was the old way Ruger marked a "used gun" or "sample" gun. They did this at least up into the 1970's.
Then they started marking them with a "U". Then an asterisk, I assume because one factory employee told me point blank..."Ruger doesn't sell "used" guns".
Today I don't believe Ruger is marking them at all. They used to get a "USED GUN" stamp on the end of the box but I don't think they're even doing that now.
Chet15

Chet
Usually now the factory is stamping 'UGB' on the end label which stands for Used Gun Bank...it is their used/seconds/sample gun listing that they maintain....

I have a few examples with the stamp and with out the stamp...not consistent like it was a few years ago.

chet15

Hawkeye
Nh Rugerman said:
chet15 said:
Chet15

Chet
Usually now the factory is stamping 'UGB' on the end label which stands for Used Gun Bank...it is their used/seconds/sample gun listing that they maintain....

I have a few examples with the stamp and with out the stamp...not consistent like it was a few years ago.

Good info.
Hadn't heard that.
Chet15

Latest posts