Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter .44 Mag Your thoughts?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GhosT

Blackhawk
JesterGrin_1,

I started with the origional SUPER BLACKHAWK .44 magnum....MANY YEARS AGO.
Although it kicked ass in it's day.....
YER'S IS COOLER!....LOL :wink:

JesterGrin_1

Single-Sixer
Ghos T Thank You . You wish to read something funny lol. When I went to the Gun Show the only reason I went was to purchase the 4 5/8 barrel Stainless Steel Super Blackhawk for just a carry pistol when hunting to use for snakes and finish shots if need be or close targets. As I have a S&W 629 Classic and wished to have something a bit smaller and lighter to carry and when I was there and looking I could find the smaller Super Blackhawk at around $460.oo plus tax and all that junk lol. And walked by a table where a person had this thing on the table for less and was new in the box. Pre Owned but never shot lol. I gave a friend a call and he said awwwwwwww what is a couple inches of barrel length and some weight lol. And told me if it is the same money or less it would be a great deal and a Fantastic shooter. So I went to purchase a Tach Hammer and came home with a SLEDGE HAMMER lol. Go figure :)

kcoruol

Bearcat
Some of you guys are getting some fantastics deals on your guns!

I just put one of these beauties on lay a way the other day. can't wait to pick it up. I just got a Redhawk though so I'll be busy breaking it in, in the mean time.

I've been shooting Laser Cast bullets with 700x in my .44's
It gives a pretty good kick and is very accurate and little easier on the hand and the wallet. Once I finish shooting then I'll break out some Hornady JHP with 23.0 IMR 4227 which gives the full .44 mag affect. :)

JesterGrin_1

Single-Sixer
I am not a big fan of 4227. I have not found it to shoot nearly as consistant as either H-110 or W-296. you might try both as some will like one over the other. Do not ask me why lol.

As for Laser Cast the only thing I use them for is fire forming new brass or low end plinking as I have found them to lead. But you might get lucky. :)

As for Hornady you will not go wrong with them as they shoot great. But I would try both the 240Gr and the 300Gr Hornady as you may find it will prefer the 300Gr HP/XTP.

And I will throw this out there for a great plinking or low end load that is about 950FPS with the Laser Cast 240Gr SWC is 5.5Gr of TightGroup and a standard LPP. I have found them to shoot very accurate and it is a mild load.

kcoruol

Bearcat
I've not tried H-110 or lil gun yet.

For my laser cast I just started using True Blue by Ramshot.

It has a little more kick than 700x
True Blue makes me a little nervous though because volume wise you use very little, I'm afraid of double dosing with it. With 700x you'd probably over fill the brass if you double dosed.

I haven't had any problems with leading using Laser cast. I usually load for less than 1000 fps. I also use Tetra Gun Lubricant in my barrels.