Ruger standard at the Springfield Armory

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eveled

Hawkeye
I found this while poking around the Springfield Armory web site.

http://ww2.rediscov.com/spring/VFPCGI.exe?IDCFile=/spring/DETAILS.IDC,SPECIFIC=10517,DATABASE=73212633,

19ontheslide

Bearcat
Had to chuckle a bit at "copying design and balance from German Luger..." About the only design elements it copies from the Luger is that both have barrels and removable magazines. Ruger's pistol is much more a copy of a Japanese Baby Nambu than a Luger.

eveled

Hawkeye
I thought the same thing. I was surprised they even had it, not being a military gun. I have twice paid to take the private tour of the upstairs storage area of the Springfield armory, it was incredible.

Bkat

Blackhawk
19ontheslide said:
Had to chuckle a bit at "copying design and balance from German Luger..." About the only design elements it copies from the Luger is that both have barrels and removable magazines. Ruger's pistol is much more a copy of a Japanese Baby Nambu than a Luger.

Well, it rhymes with Luger.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Bkat said:
Well, it rhymes with Luger.
I remember seeing the early Ruger ads when I was a kid and thinking it was a cheap, unscrupulous attempt to sell "Lugers" to the unsuspecting public. It didn't occur to me it was the owner's real name.

Latest posts