Ruger Speed Six Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lweber

Bearcat
I picked up a Speed Six a little while back. It has the Pachmayr presentation grips on it, which I'm not real fond of.. I'm a girl :D , and my hands aren't real big. I ordered a set of the Pachmayr Gripper grips for it but they won't fit. The holes in the grips for the pin at the bottom of the frame don't line up.. So I played with it a little and got it to where it will almost close together, but still not quite... ANYWAY, is there a chance of getting a set of Ruger grips for this pistol? I'm also not real fond of the mono grip from Hogue. I did see a pic of one that had a gripper style grip that they said was factory Ruger.. Any help would be awesome!! Thanks.

hittman

Staff member
Welcome to the Forum. My Speed Six is pictured below with the factory wood grips and a Tyler T-Grip. If you "Google" CDNN I believe they have in stock the round butt rubber grips for your Speed Six too. They're very reasonable on price and good to work with.

Also, once you decide which grips you want, just place a Want To Buy ad in the Classified Section here. You can likely get a set of factory wood, like mine shown, in the under-$30.00 range.

SpeedSix4.jpg

majorKAP

Single-Sixer
I have a set of the Pachmayr's not in use. You're welcome to see if they fit better than your own. If so, keep them and send me yours. If they're no better, return mine to me.

PM an address if you wanna try.

DSC01381.jpg

DSC01380.jpg

DSC01378.jpg

lweber

Bearcat
hittman said:
Welcome to the Forum. My Speed Six is pictured below with the factory wood grips and a Tyler T-Grip. If you "Google" CDNN I believe they have in stock the round butt rubber grips for your Speed Six too. They're very reasonable on price and good to work with.

Also, once you decide which grips you want, just place a Want To Buy ad in the Classified Section here. You can likely get a set of factory wood, like mine shown, in the under-$30.00 range.

SpeedSix4.jpg

Those are gorgeous grips!! Thanks for the info, CDNN has a set I'm going to try....

lweber

Bearcat
majorKAP said:
I have a set of the Pachmayr's not in use. You're welcome to see if they fit better than your own. If so, keep them and send me yours. If they're no better, return mine to me.

PM an address if you wanna try.

DSC01381.jpg

DSC01380.jpg

DSC01378.jpg

I appreciate the offer. I'll keep it in mind if this set I ordered doesn't work.

NorEaster

Blackhawk
I prefer the original wooden grips myself. Too bad the Sixes have been out of production so long as none of the commercial grip makers offer grips for them anymore.
I'm going to get some stags made for mine.
MySpeedy_zpsfd39877f.jpg