Ruger SP 101

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rescue 187

Bearcat
I've got a beautiful SP 101 2 1/4 barrel SS 357 that i've been thinking of selling. I bought this new in 1992 and have only put around 100 rounds through it...mostly 38.

I've heard that this era 101 is supposed to be a little better than the ones being made now...I guess maybe because Bill was still alive then. Anyway I was trying to get some ideas as to about what it would be worth. I've researched it have have a pretty good idea but wanted some opinions from you folks.

FrontSite

Single-Sixer

Flash

Buckeye
Nothing has changed with the quality or the design however the 125 grain SP will bring about 25% more in the collector curcuit. I've seen the common ones for $350 and up. Watch gunbroker and see what they sell for regularly. As with anything else, it depends on how bad the customer wants it and how many are available aka supply and demand. The box and papers will add a bit but not too much unless it's a 125 grain gun. These were roll marked as such, due to 158 grain factory loads not allowing the cylinder to rotate because they're too long and stick out the front.

I bought a 3 1/16" SP101 over a year ago at a local gun show. I paid $369 and it had the box, papers, etc. In my area used SP101's are not common and the price was within $20 of what I "wanted to pay".

rugnelli