Ruger Redhawk .45 Colt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Carnage_7

Bearcat
I finally took possession of my 4" .45 Colt about a week ago after a week delay due to the Storm of 2011 back east. It has one of the nicest double action triggers on it I have seen from a Ruger. Don't know whether the previous owner had a trigger job done on it or whether they come that way. I am now looking for accessories to include holsters and wood grips. I am especially looking for speedloaders and speedloader pouches as I plan to shoot this revolver in IDPA SSR matches. I know that HKS makes a pouch for the S&W 25.5 which also apparently fits the Redhawk .45 Colt. Safariland makes a speedloader for the Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum-would these also fit the .45 Colt since the cases are about the same size? Thanks

Snyd

Single-Sixer
Congrats on the RH! I've had one for a few years. I reamed the throats to .4525 and it really tightened up the groups. I only shoot cast. Not sure what you want for wood grips but these Nill Griffes are pretty nice. Check out ebay. Sometimes they have them for 80 bucks or "make offer".

rh454_01.jpg

Carnage_7

Bearcat
Very nice grips-will check them out. Didn't know they made the Redhawk Colt with non-fluted cylinders. Is that stock or did you add it on later?

Snyd

Single-Sixer
I recently put a 454 SRH cylinder in it. It's now a 454 Redhawk.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=105441&highlight=redhawk+454

WESHOOT2

Hunter
I found the speedloaders for my 44 Redhawk did NOT work well for my 45.
I suggest the HKS 25-5 for the 45.

I draw my Redhawks from a Milt Sparks Holsters, Inc. HSR.

I use the Safariland metal springy-thingies to hold my HKS (although there are still a few N-frame-sized 333's available used).

Does the Redhawk exceed the IDPA weight limit?
It doesn't in USPSA.....

Carnage_7

Bearcat
I never thought about the weight limit in IDPA. Will have to check that-probably doesn't-the Ruger Redhawk .45 Colt is a monster. So Ruger won't sell their .454 cylinders? What are the Safariland metal springy things you refer to? Link? I found some Nill grips that looked just like yours on Ebay and they are on the way.

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Make sure you test you ammo in the gun in double action.Sometimes people put lighter springs in the Redhawks to improve the trigger pull.If there is going to be a misfire,it will most likely happen in double action.

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
The HKS 25-5 speed loader works for the Redhawk .45Colt and .454 SRH.
I believe I have a couple 25-5s and one 25M.

here is an HKS sze chart link.
http://www.hksspeedloaders.com/SpeedloaderPage.html