Ruger products made in China?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Richbaker said:
Pathfinder2 said:
I believe the Ruger pellet rifle is made in China for Ruger. Can anyone confirm?

Ruger licensed the use of their name, they do not catalog or market the air guns....

Exactly! In fact, a few years back you could order a special Dodge Ram pickup with Ruger eagles and stickers placquered all over the thing. Just more publicity for Ruger, but Ruger didn't make the Dodge either.
Marketing is a whole different world these days!! If your company doesn't find the niche market first, the competition will!
Check out Ruger's memorabila page on their website. They don't make any of that stuff either.
While I'm at it, from 1955 to 1963 the walnut for Ruger's single action grips came from where? Italy. Oh the nerve of those guys!
And a "Spanish" engraved Single-Six (1956) is worth a whole heck of a bunch of dough to those American collectors who have one!
Chet15

mdewitt71

Single-Sixer
I would love to see Made In USA everywhere but, many are lazy, want free handouts, and a very large population will not even work these jobs to make or build products so the jobs get resourced overseas where they will work for less and are happy to do so.
Americans shot themselves in the foot over this many decades ago......

jimk60

Bearcat
Blackhawk30 said:
I'd rather Ruger didn't include pistol rugs.I'd rather have another magazine.

+1.

I already have my preferred rug. Holds the 1911 plus 4 mags. Made in the USA, cost me $17. 8) Same rug without mag holders is $12.

What? This is my first post on this forum?

Damn, too many forums, not enough time. :cry:

dakota1911

Buckeye
I wish Ruger had not done it, but I do not think China is going to away anytime soon. Plus some of the rich folk in the PRC may like shooting their Ruger SR1911s.

JNewell

Single-Sixer
I read this thread trying to find the post where the OP said it was all humor. Apprently he was serious... :roll:

VTXS

Bearcat
Thread was posted as an opinion, observation only. Wasn't intended to ruffle so many tail feathers :roll:

welder

Buckeye
VTXS said:
Thread was posted as an opinion, observation only. Wasn't intended to ruffle so many tail feathers :roll:

Feathers need to be ruffled, don't worry, no problem. For those who are too tender, there's that little magic power switch on their box. :lol:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Some get ruffled. I chalk that up to most members being consumers with an opinion about how (other people's) business should be run.
Not many business owners here, who understand supply chain realities and the Transfer Tax Loophole.

modrifle3

Buckeye
You do realize most companies out source their mags. It makes since to leave it up to companies that specialize. Just like car companies.

SR Fan

Bearcat
My SR45 was 250.00 cheaper than my SR1911 but came with a Plastic carrying case my 1911 came in a cardboard box.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Richbaker said:
Transfer tax loophole???? Never heard of a transfer tax to begin with.... Care to edumicate us dummies??
Sure, it only takes a minute...

A transfer tax allows a company to establish the taxable worth of a product when it crosses US boundaries. Caterpillar was famous for establishing the value of a D10 bulldozer for example, at $100 when it was fully assembled in Mexico, but not yet painted for delivery. They brought it into the US at a taxable rate of $100, Painted it, and voila! It was now worth $2million, they didn't have to pay the US tariff tax on the $2M... This became part of NAFTA of course, and is the primary driver for companies large and small, to manufacture products outside the USA and bring them in for final assy or detail. Hello automakers!

The late Sen. Byron Dorgan penned several bill to end the TTL and wrote a book entitled "Take This Job and Ship It: How Corporate Greed and Brain-Dead Politics Are Selling Out America". Read up.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/07/07/225398/-Book-Review-Byron-Dorgan-s-quot-Take-This-Job-and-Ship-It-quot#

JNewell

Single-Sixer
Yeah, the message is clear. Gun companies are evil and should be destroyed. I bet we can do it faster than the grabbers, too, so you all get right to work and do your stuff.

montegomx70

Single-Sixer
frank n texas said:
Just remove the Made in China tag ....LOL

LOL yup kinda reminds me when the ''check engine light'' comes on in my bonneville, i just cover it with electrical tape, problem solved!