Ruger p95 loose safety / decock - switch

Help Support Ruger Forum:

superfan007

Bearcat
Does anyone know if it is normal for the safety switch to be loose in the fire mode. If not, is there a way to tighten it up at home or does ruger handle the adjustment? It seems like a minor issue but I would hate for the thing to fall off when I needed it most.

superfan007

Bearcat
The switch on the lfet side has lateral play. If you shake the gun from side to side you hear a rattle like sound. I figure it moves from side to side about an 1/8 of an inch, maybe less. It does move from safe to fire easily but not on its own (yet). It is brand new though, so I am unsure if it will get worse with the heavy use I plan on doing down at the range or if that is just the way they are. Thank you for any advice you might offer.

A

Anonymous

superfan007":yqur7ya2 said:
The switch on the lfet side has lateral play. If you shake the gun from side to side you hear a rattle like sound. I figure it moves from side to side about an 1/8 of an inch, maybe less. It does move from safe to fire easily but not on its own (yet). It is brand new though, so I am unsure if it will get worse with the heavy use I plan on doing down at the range or if that is just the way they are. Thank you for any advice you might offer.

Mine does not have any lateral play. I bought mine in Feb, haven't shot it much yet, but does not move from side to side. I would at least give Ruger a call...

superfan007

Bearcat
Thanks for the input. I dont know anyone that owns one of these p95's which made it impossible to get a friends advice. Most of my buddies have Glocks and Sigs. These forums are great for connecting with other p95 owners/fans. I love the looks and feel of this gun. I hope it is as much of a work horse as it appears. Thanx again:)

JohnKSa

Single-Sixer
Yes, one of the side levers tends to be loose. If you take one apart you'll understand why.

One side is actually the functional lever, the other side is just fitted loosely to the primary lever. It's only there to provide ambidextrous function so it doesn't engage the operating components, it only engages the other lever.

As long as the detents hold the lever firmly in the safe and fire positions there's no problem.

superfan007

Bearcat
Thank you for the info. It makes perfect sense. The other side has no lateral play. It is nice and tight. Now if I could only get down to the range to dirty this gal up.