Ruger Old Army - Takedown Latch

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rum River

Bearcat
Back in the day John Gallagher built a takedown latch that did not require a screwdriver.
While John is no longer with us, I emailed his son Isaac who related that it was something they no longer provide.

My google searches have not yet paid off - anybody know if somebody makes something similar?
If not, I have some ideas I can try - but I thought I would check around a bit first.

John Gallagher take down lever edit.jpg

can't help you there always had the "tool" with us or a coin or two in our pockets , to help turn that screw or the take down screws on most scope rings........when black powder shooting, always had LOTS of goodies in our shooting (range) bag...shooting black powder was almost as bad as taking the kids to the amusement park.....and that was the diaper bag,,,,,,oh well such is life.........:cool::oops:;)

Rclark

Hunter
Since I never had to remove the cylinder while at the range, I haven't even thought about such a mechanism.
As said above, a coin will work or even sometimes a finger nail to rotate that part. I also always have a small set of bits and a driver stored in my range bag.