Ruger No.1V in 6.5-284 Norma are shipping

Help Support Ruger Forum:

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
I received one of these today directly from Newport for a local writer for "Testing & Evaluation". It does have a 26" barrel. Hope to see more in the future.

wunbe

Buckeye
ENU,

That must be the only 26" 1V that Ruger has made. Is the contour straight our from the 22" point or does it taper slightly. Sounds like a fine "gong-ringer" way out there but might just be over my comfortable carry weight. I have carried my 25-06 1V a time or two to some evening ambush spots but would not like to hump it all day.

So, I'm still looking for a 1B Creedmore with nice wood.

wunbe

picketpin

Buckeye
"V"s with 26" barrels. 204 Ruger KV Laminated/Stainless (the only "V" available in 204) 220 Swift, 6.5 Creedmore and now 6,5 284 blued/walnut. The standard "V" is 24" long and is just over 3/4' in diameter at the muzzle the 26" barrels just carries the same taper two inches further and are about 11/16 at the muzzle. (I don't have a mike here in the house). I have a semi custom 257 Roberts with a 28" Shilen barrel on the factory profile/taper and it's just over 9/16 at the muzzle.

One of the easiest ways to see the contour difference is to install a "V" forearm on a standard "B" rifle and see where and how much the gaps appear.

Ross

The "V" barrel starts tapering at about 2 3/8" from the receiver ring and tapers in a pretty constant taper to the muzzle. The "B" or standard weight barrel is untapered for about 1 3/4 inches from the recievr ring then tapers rapidly for 3 inches or so then tapers to the muzzle where it is 9/16-5/8" at the muzzle.

I received a 264 Win Mag from the factory last August (2012) in BH walnut/blued AH forearm and REALLY like it.

METLHED57

Bearcat
I saw a new .222 1A @ Dominion Outdoors the other day and the wood was great looking. The price ($1299) was the only reason I handed back to the clerk. It also had checkering on the forearm like their special edition ones for their 50'th anny and the 30-06 100'th anny. Got the impression they were putting more into these single year models. Does the 1V have additional checkering also?

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
If your ? was about the additional checkering on the 1V in 6.5-284; no- it had standard checkering. seems like the 1A's in .222 may have had the extra checkering on some- I had a couple that did- most were standard.

danmcqueen

Bearcat
Greetings,
just put one in layaway Tuesday, Haven't shot it yet ,got some redding dies on ebay and have to get brass , midway has some
what brand of brass would you recommend for this No. 1 in 6.5 284 (laupa, norma, etc..) ??