Ruger No. 1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rascal123

Bearcat
I am writing out of desperation. I have received all kinds of answers and a lot of rumor. I own a Ruger No. 1 in 7mm-08. It is blued steel and a very nice walnut stock with zebra striping. I have heard this is a rare rifle. I have been told I'm lying because this rifle was never produced. I've been told it was only produced in stainless steel with synthetic stock. I will provide pictures if necessary. Can anyone offer honest information regarding this rifle? It is in excellent condition even though it has been my favorite deer rifle for many years. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

H-marlin

Bearcat
The Ruger website lists 7-08 as one of the chamberings for the No. 1. The Blue Book of Gun Values lists the 1-A Light Sporter as being chambered in that. They do not list it as begin produced in the stainless steel. Blue Book does say it is rare, but does not list dates manufactured.

picketpin

Buckeye
There was a short run of "A"s blued/walnut with 22" barrel, sights and the Alex Henry fore arm.

The were also some made in the "KB" configuration. That was a stainless reciever and action with a gray/black laminate stock with the Semi Beavertail forearm and a 26" barrel.

There are now "A"s arriving as part of the 2015 Lipsey deal that are blued /walnut. How many they will make is as yet not known.

The 7-08s is either of the two configurations is certainly uncommon if not rare. How the recent/current run of Lipsey guns affects the vale of the earlier "A"s will be predicated on the total produced and of course demand.

But yes, they made your rifle and there were not a lot made.

Ross

wunbe

Buckeye
Rascal 123,

Please post a picture of the rifle and before that write to ask Ruger for a written affirmation of how that serial-numbered rifle left the factory and then post that response too.

That should -- rrrr. might -- end the matter. Otherwise, it is all inconclusive speculation, however well informed. The problem is that getting an authoritative response from Ruger is subject to many variables -- including poor record keeping at the factory and just how helpful -- informed and energetic -- the person is who manages your query.

Be aware that there are so-called 'lunch bucket" #1s that were built by factory hands out of parts on hand in calibers and profiles the factory never authorized and will deny. There are also singletons that Bill Ruger had made for special friends -- FOBs. I have a 1A profile carbine in 7mmBR with a straight butt stock that was a lunch bucket project gun in 7mm BR. Ruger's letter on it said the serial number on the action was for a 22 Hornet!! I had the 7mm BR punched out to 7mm 08 anyway rather than depend on reloads. I also have a K1B in 7mm 08 that had a stupidly high gloss SS finish that scared the horses until I had it satinized.

Good luck,
wunbe

chet15

Hawkeye
Posted this reply on your other thread.
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=227898
chet15

Latest posts