Ruger MkI & MkII 22cal pistols

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbill

Single-Sixer
I recently purchased two ruger 22cal target pistols. One the MkI was so leaded up i guess the gun didn't function when they traded it in. I figure they didn't know how to disassemble it. The barrel and chamber area was full of lead shavings. After a disassembly and a good soaking and cleaning i have an awesome 22cal pistol. The other is a bull barreled MkII and it cleaned up good too but it wasn't that bad. Now i wonder how often do you disassemble and clean these ruger 22cal pistols??

I believe the MkI has the red emblems on the grip too. I know it means something??? The other MkII the emblems are black.

Beruisis

Single-Sixer
once you take one apart & finally get it back together, you won't ever want to do it again. I never cussed at all until I tried to get mine back together.
B

Beruisis said:
once you take one apart & finally get it back together, you won't ever want to do it again. I never cussed at all until I tried to get mine back together.
B
If you follow the instructions they are easy to disassemble/reassemble. I have been shooting them since the '80s and never had a problem. The 22/45 is the exception to the rule in how to do it. That gun is done slightly differently then the rest of the all the other MK series guns. :D

ranger1

Buckeye
Fox Mike said:
Beruisis said:
B
If you follow the instructions they are easy to disassemble/reassemble. I have been shooting them since the '80s and never had a problem. The 22/45 is the exception to the rule in how to do it. That gun is done slightly differently then the rest of the all the other MK series guns. :D

I agree with Fox Mike 100%.

dacaur

Single-Sixer
Every time I have reassembled mine, i have had to break out the manual... once I do, its a piece of cake, before I do it, there is lots of head scratching and sometimes swearing...

45flattop

Single-Sixer
Until I RTFM disassembly of my RST4 from 1967 was an unknown
and unknowable black hole of the unknown, once i read the manual
I disassemble and clean mine every time I shoot it, same with my
MKIIs.

Latest posts