Ruger medallions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gatorglenn

Bearcat
Hi,

Where can I buy a few Ruger medallions? I found some on Midway USA but the shipping costs end up being more than the medallions. Is there anywhere that might have them in stock with decent shipping prices?

Thanks,
Glenn

caryc

Hawkeye
gatorglenn said:
Thanks. I will call Ruger.

Glenn

Ruger will sell you 20 medallions at a time.

XR05200 = Silver Eagles
XR-52 = Black Eagles

Call 1 603 865 2442

Choose the New Hampshire plant from the phone menu. Ruger just raised their minimum parts shipping charge from $3.50 to $5.00.

Warning, have a serial number ready to give them. They won't sell you any parts without one. Make sure it's a new model. Any Blackhawk or Vaquero number will do.

They just want to make sure you are not ordering parts for an unconverted old model gun. They will sell you parts for one only if they have done the conversion on it.

caryc

Hawkeye
Some people use a Forstner bit. But the best way is to use a counterbore as in the pic below. I use the quarter inch one for ferrule holes and the half inch one for medallions.

counterbores.jpg

Chris

Blackhawk
Cary
Picked up some J Scott pearl grips a while ago for one of my old lightweight SS, wanted to dress the old gal up. Can they be drilled for medallions also or are they too brittle.
Appreciate some info if you don't mind
Chris

caryc

Hawkeye
Chris said:
Cary
Picked up some J Scott pearl grips a while ago for one of my old lightweight SS, wanted to dress the old gal up. Can they be drilled for medallions also or are they too brittle.
Appreciate some info if you don't mind
Chris

It all depends on whether they are real mother of pearl or plastic. If it's real MOP, I wouldn't mess with them.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Are the new black eagle medallions a remake of the earlier black eagle medallions or an entirely new bird design?

caryc

Hawkeye
protoolman said:
Are the new black eagle medallions a remake of the earlier black eagle medallions or an entirely new bird design?

Remake, pretty much, not what I'd call a new design but not an exact copy.