Ruger Mark III Competitor Bummer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Guy's/Gal's
Don't torch me too much. I ordered a Mark IV Hunter a couple week's ago, while ordering that I noticed a Mark III Competition on the shelf. I bought that also, wanting one of both models.
After getting it home and whiting the front sight I noticed the rear sight seemed to be cocked to the left side just a little. More I looked and measured it is cocked a little. I went ahead and ordered some rear V sight Blade for it and a fiber optic front sight like the Hunter would have on it. Put those on and took her out today. My thinking is that it would be OK if she shot at point of aim.
Well she did not, I had to crank the sight all the way to the edge of the sight base to get her to hit point of aim. Took her in the house and leveled the gun in a vise. Put the level on the bolt (I had the bolt held open) and on the sight base. The sight is leaning so much that the bubble in the level on the sight is all the way to one side.
Called Ruger and they are going to call me back with a RMA/Shipping Label. Here is a look at the sight and the levels. This will be the first of very many Ruger's that I ever had to send back. It would have been an easy miss for anyone that was inspecting the pistol. Heck I missed it when I bought it.