Ruger LCP II, 22LR First Time.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

REP1954

Blackhawk
Well I bought this little gun a while back and just got around to shooting it. It took a little while to get use to loading the magazines. The problem with loading them is there is no problem. Trying to muscle the rounds in just causes problems. Using just a little finesse along with the supplied loading tool they load easy. I painted my front sight orange soon out of the box. I bought 2 extra mags when I got the gun. I bought the gun with a uneasy feeling of cheapness that after handling for a while at home went away. At the range using CCI Blazer 50 count boxes I put in the first mag and fired 2 shots then a loading failure on the third. I thought oh boy here we go but the next 147 rounds wet off like clockwork. I'm okay with the trigger weight and reset. I shot at 7 yds. as I was at a indoor range and that is their closest allowed. I was grouping 1 1/2" high at 7 yards. slow fire and about 1" low fast fire. Horizontal the shots were about 1/2" to the left. Overall I am pleased with this guns operation and performance. One has to decide for themselves what this guns use is for. For me right now it's just a fun gun. What do you use yours for?

hittman

Staff member
I used mine as trade for something reliable and not picky about ammo!

Lesson learned.

9x19

Hunter
I use mine to put a big :D on my grand-son's faces.

The truth is, it does the same for me most times.

REP1954

Blackhawk
"I used mine as trade for something reliable and not picky about ammo!"

You weren't trying to use it as a target gun were you?

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I just shot mine for the first time this week too. Wow it was fun. I only got mine because I couldn't pass up on the price, $230!

I have no plans to carry it but could press it into service if needs be. I had one dud round from Federal that wouldn't fire in any of the 22s I brought to the range. Had one other ftf from Federal Automatch out of about 320 rounds fired total. I'm really glad mine will eat Federal and Winchester bulk ammo. I'm not buying boutique ammo for a range toy.