Ruger Frontier

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SHOOTER

Buckeye
Any ruger Frontier owners here???

I was wondering how you like them? I'm looking for a 308 and was wondering about their accuracy

Rocdoc

Buckeye
I bought one in 243 only because it was a great deal, never shot it as I could never warm up to the 243, really nice gun though it was trade bait for a subsequent deal. Sort of wished it was still around as it was really nice, everything I like in a rifle, short heavy barrel, I liked the laminate stock on that one very much. I did swap the scout rings for the regular rings through Ruger. I know no help to your original post, but proof at least one of us did buy a Frontier.

firecaptain

Single-Sixer
I have one in 358 and love it. They were made with and without checkering, I wanted one with checkering. Great little gun, accurate with handloads.

Beachbum

Bearcat
I have had one in .243 for several years. I was actually bummed when Ruger came out with the Gunsite Scout because that is really the gun I wanted. I find mine very accurate, limited only by its 2.5 power Leupold scout scope. I like it because it is so easy to load and clean without the scope over the action. My only real regret is that it doesn't have a detatchable box magazine. Then I wouldn't long for the Gunsite. I am not planning on getting rid of it in the foreseeable future.

HunterTN

Bearcat
I've owned 2 of them, 308 and 300wsm. Great compact guns and really easy to handle in the tree stand or blind. Sold the 300wsm but still have the 308. With a short barrel, the sound blast is pretty loud, but not bad recoil. Accurate to 100 yards for me, but its wasn't designed for long range. Its great for hunting the woods and short clearings. Easy for my wife to use; brought it home as a gift for her and she liked it so well that we went back the next day for the scope; then my father-in-law wanted to use it. So its really liked at our house. The scope can be mounted forward or over the bolt; it is really an advantage to mounting it forward for those quick and unexpected shots. It has the same quality as the regular Ruger m77, its just shorter and the scope can be mounted forward. One of my favorite rifles...

flcracker64

Bearcat
Mine is .358 Win (checkered). After its first deer, I named the rifle "Bangflop". Wouldn't mind finding a SS .308 Frontier one day and threading the muzzle for my can.

horseshoe

Single-Sixer
My friends wife shoots a Frontier in 260 Rem. I am pretty sure he said it was a 260 and his wife refers to it as her big gun, she seldom misses according to my friend.

Latest posts