Ruger .44 Old Model Flat Top

Help Support Ruger Forum:

birdhunter50

Bearcat
This gun is one of the earliest Ruger Flat Tops in 44 magnum caliber, I believe it was manufactured in 1957 or very early in 1958. The serial number is 72XX so if you have a book on them you can check it out for yourself. It has a 6 1/2 inch barrel and the checkered composit grips that it came out with. It has a cylinder ring but not too bad, and some holster wear at the muzzle and some of the higher points on the frame and cylinder, again not too bad. The rest of the bluing is in excellent condition as are the grips. The barrel is in really good condition with sharp rifling. There is a small wear spot on the lower rear surface of the grip strap and the loading gate has a mildly purple hue to it. This one has never been converted and won't be.
I bought this gun from the widow of a friend of mine just to help her out, and I am only trying to get my money back out of it. If I didn't already have too many 45's and 44's to shoot, I would keep this one for myself. If I can't get a reasonable amount for it I will keep it. This gun is for sale on other sites so if you want it, don't wait too long.
For it's age I would say that it is in overall extremely good condition. I am pricing it to sell at the reduced price of $995.00 or best offer plus $40.00 for insured shipping from Iowa. This gun will have to be sent to an FFL dealer. You can pick your own method of certified payment.
If you want to contct me or make a valid offer on this gun, I can be reached at this email, [email protected]

radicalrod

Hunter
Well had to check my "BLACK BOOK" your serial number seemed familiar....

I have 7361 and your is 100 earlier at 7261....

My 7361 has a small S stamped on the bottom :!: :!: :!:

Very nice FT.....RR

Birdhunter, I got the email about where my ad was found but my response bounced back. look on page 4 of these classifieds for a WQTS- 1958 44 Flat top by Robb Barnes and you will find it.

Robb

birdhunter50

Bearcat
Thanks guys for all your help. I had one offer yesterday of $850.00 but the fellow wants me to take a personal check and hold the gun till it clears. I am somewhat nervous about personal checks but I guess I can do that. My question for you is, is this a fair offer for my gun? I am tempted to take his offer but I don't know enough about these to say what's fair. Thanks,Bob

birdhunter50

Bearcat
Rod,
You should buy this one and then you would have practically a matched pair. I use to own two Super Black Hawks and have taken them both out to shoot, one in each hand.
I didn't hit as much doing that but it was a BLAST! You should try it. Bob
:mrgreen:

Johnnu2

Hunter
Birdhunter, I recently (within the past 4 months) sold a 4-digit .44 Flattop OM for $700 (net in my pocket) locally.....But it really depends on who you ask. I would think that most of the collectors will suggest more. Total disclosure: mine was so clean that I had to ask one of the experts to see if he could tell if it was refinished. The opinion was that it looked like it MAY have been refinished but IF it was, it was done by a master. I shoot and don't collect so it was too clean to shoot for me.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
I suggest that offer valid based on your descriptors and my observations of the photos. Checks seem to clear rather quickly in todays' financial turmoil. At least, that is what I experience. Good luck with your sale. Splitz

Johnnu2

Hunter
And the guys on this forum are all TOP NOTCH....the check will clear without doubt; andyou will have the bucks in your pocket. Everyone will be happy happy happy

mrs50sls56

Bearcat
That is exactly the amount that I was considering offering. I would like backup on the deal if anything unforeseen occurs. Nicely done, guys.

contender

Ruger Guru
$850 is a fair offer. And a lot of us do business here by check.

And birdhunter50,,, Rod is THE numbers guy. Do a little searching around here & you will be surprised at the matched guns he has. 2 digit consecutives, 3 digit consecutives, different guns with identical serial numbers, etc. Radical Rod has some of the finest sets of guns you could ever hope to see.

radicalrod

Hunter
Well THANKS Tyrone, now I will never get a DEAL :lol: :lol: :lol:

TAKE THE PERSONAL CHECK....they clear overnight once you deposit it....then ship the gun.....

The days of a check taking 10 days to clear are long gone....if your bank holds your money they are just using it for 10 days for free :!: :!: :!:

If I bought this nice FT I would need to find the 99 others in between :roll: :roll: :roll: RR

Hey guys,
Im the one that offered and he took the $850 offer, he's seems like a great guy, just check shy.....I only offered that cuse im In hawaii and not a Wells Fargo within two Islands....LOL

he's going to wait till i return....I agree, the check would be long cleared by time i got home.....But, His call....on top of that, I dont think hes a reguler on this forum, thus he dont know me....
Scott

radicalrod

Hunter
"he's going to wait till i return....I agree, the check would be long cleared by time i got home.....But, His call....on top of that, I dont think hes a reguler on this forum, thus he dont know me....
Scott"

So Scott, tell me is that a good or bad thing 8) 8) 8) RR

I bumped into the seller over on the Accurate Reloading board and suggested he post his gun here. I also told him the guy from Alaska is a few degrees off kilter but his word and check is good! :lol:

Robb