ruger 1A in 357 mag finally found

Help Support Ruger Forum:

justasoon

Bearcat
I finally found my number 1 in 357 after many umpteen years of searching
a non-CHP marked gun NIB (was).
Nothing stays new around here , its gonna get shot , I don't care how pristine or hard to find
but know its going to be cleaned and placed next to its brothers
I know I rarely post but I had to just tell yall
till next time joseph

RSIno1

Hunter
Congrats I need a 1A to round out my little collection. Now I've got to start looking for a .357 too since I made an agreement with myself only to buy guns that I already reload for.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
RSIno1 said:
I made an agreement with myself only to buy guns that I already reload for.
Good luck with that, made the same pledge years ago, didn't work out very well for me.

silo33

Bearcat
Nice find. One found me a couple years ago. I had seen it a few years prior, the gun shop had just taken it in. I couldn't buy it at the time but we talked about how few of them were around. About two years later my father walked into the same shop and the owner said you need to call your son. The person that had bought the rifle had recently passed away and the widow did not want to keep the guns.

The shop owner was putting it out on display when dad walked in. It is nice to have shop owners that remember their customers and look to place items with who may be collecting them.

justasoon

Bearcat
if I new how to post em I would
but I can email you or gunbroker closed auction 547428830
it was missing the swivels and
the pics that they had did no justice
the wood had some figure to it
the box and all the literature was in fantastic shape
it was almost as nice as the one Joe Benner showed my dad back in the 80's

BRASS FRAME

Single-Sixer
I took two Ohio deer with mine this last December. Handloads of 180 grain Hornady XTP did their job. Great caliber for us pistol cartridge rifle only state. My grandsons can also shoot the slower .38s through this single shot rifle. Mine came gently used with no box. Now if Ruger will only make one in .44 Mag? Brass Frame/Lee