Ruger 10/22 Tactical range report.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stchman

Bearcat
Bought my new 10/22 Tactical (one with the hammer forged bull barrel and included bipod) and took it to the range today.

After experimenting around with 4 different .22LR ammunitions:

Remington Golden Bullet
Federal Premium
Federal Bulk Pack
CCI Mini Mag

The CCI turned out to be the best ammo for this gun at this particular time.

Specs on the rifle:
Ruger 10/22 Tactical with hammer forged bull barrel and included bipod.

Using a 4-16x40 scope for the optic.

Pic of the rifle:
rifle.jpg

Here are some pics of the targets from the range.

Group 1:
group_1.jpg

Group 2:
group_2.jpg

This gun has the possibility to be a real tack driver. Wil llet the forum know when I do some 100 yard shots. The range I went to was a DOC range and had no 100 yard range.[/img]

Hef

Bearcat
I have been considering picking one of those up but they are hard to find. Did you get yours online or at a local gun shop? Looks like it's a shooter!

stchman

Bearcat
Hef said:
I have been considering picking one of those up but they are hard to find. Did you get yours online or at a local gun shop? Looks like it's a shooter!

I used Gun Genie.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx

I then had the rifle delivered to a local gun shop. Fun shooting rifle.

When you get your, post some pics and ammo info.

....Thank you for the ammo information. It will be a big help as a starting point. I have the same barrel in stainless on the Fajen stock. Its a nice stock, very adjustable. I need a bipod though because as you now know this rifle is not a lightweight. I have the same ammo you have with the addition of the cci hp (just for test results) and wolf. You may try some Wolf next time and see what happens. I'll start with a 3x9x40 and go from there. Again, thanks for the ammo info and the pics.

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Heres a couple of groups from my bonestock 10/22 deluxe with a Centerpoint 4x16x40 mil dot scope on it . Both groups are 6 shots at 25yards using Federal Glod match target ammo I wasn't tring to shoot tight groups,rather checking out the scope to make sure the point of impact didn't change as I changer the power settings on the scope . I was surprized at these groups out of a bone stock rifle.The rifle normaly wears a 4x32 BSA scope, which is good enough for squrrils and crows out to 100 yards.Both of these groups mesured 5/8"Looks like your gun is shooting groups twice as tight as mine. What kind of scope do you have on your gun ?
Thanks,
Lou
LousPics572.jpg

LousPics571.jpg

m657

Buckeye
Been leaving my Target 22 (hammer bull barrel) in the back of the safe too long. Took it out a couple months ago & ran various ammo thru it at 40 yards, managed to lose the list of which target is which ammo. Have a wonderful Tasco 6-24x44 scope & bipod.

Here's a couple targets:
img4755h.jpg