Ruger #1 - .303 British

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RJ556

Buckeye
Do many of you out there think we could get a similar thing going for 30-40 Krag? Just from what I have read on this, other Ruger forums, Nitro Express Forums and the Yahoo No. 1 group, I think there would be a lot of takers. Two hundred and fifty guns, even in this niche, doesn't look that huge in the U.S. market. Maybe one of you are tight with a distributor and could discuss it with them. We could run an interest poll first to guage genuine interest. Come on guys, you know how hard it is to fing a good #3 in 30-40 and imagine a #1A beautifully blued with some real nice walnut. If the Canadian and Austrailian gun markets can pull it off, we certainly can.

Con

Bearcat
Email Lipsey's ... I'm sure if they deem the demand there they will order a special run.

I just wish Ruger did an annual special chambering like the Rem Classic of old.
Cheers...
Con

RJ556

Buckeye
I already got a reply from Jason Cloessner at Lipseys. Here is what he said;

Ron,

I have kicked around doing the 30-40 in a 1A, but we have a few other projects in the works now. Ruger's Number 1 production has been pretty limited the last couple of years so it's not realistic to submit a bunch of special make-ups and expect to get them all done in a timely manner. I will keep it in mind though and consider it in the future. Stay tuned, if all goes well we should have some neat Number 1's coming out soon.

Thanks for your input and feel free to email or call anytime.

Jason Cloessner
Product Development Manager
Lipsey's

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Was told yesterday that they're possibly to be available "in May". Still no model # for them yet though.

Wonder how this happened !!

This message was posted by Clay at Prophet River, who was kinda the honcho in getting the # 1 - 303 idea going with Lipsey's and Ruger -

Posted yesterday on Canadian Gun Nutz -

303's are ready...
Lipseys rep was in touch today. Looks like the 303's are on the way to them. Still a few weeks before we see them as they need to go through the import/export process, of course. I'm in shock that they are 'ready' so quickly!!
Congrats to all that made this happen.
Clay

Dealers in the States should be able to get their hands on them real soon.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Sorry, but at this time in a weekend evening, If True, this is a GD insult to those of us who have been promised the 250 Savage(for near onto three(3) years) to finish/continue the SS/walnut Lipseys' series of #1A's. This order should have been placed in the orderly que, Period. And, stop the African calibers,.........none of us are going over there. Splitz :twisted:

Hawkeye, I hear ya', I kinda thought the same thing. My understanding is that the idea for 303 wasn't even pitched to Ruger until the SHOT show, now they are supposed to be shipping.

I didn't even know that there was 30-30 # 1 even being thought about, surprised me.

Can't anyone get a straight answer out of Lipsey's or Ruger about what the problem is with producing the 250-3000?

dfletcher

Blackhawk
Well, as an Enfield shooter I'm glad to see more guns offered in this caliber, especially when the original .311 bore is used - maybe the bullet manufacturers will expand their line up a bit.

I must admit though, a No1 in this caliber seems like a great rifle. Maybe the No4 needs No1 company. :wink: