Help Support Ruger Forum:

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
Distributor is ...........,Ammo Zone .com

Dealers are:.....Firequest.com & Ammo Depo .com & SG ammo .com

Dealers may have in stock this week....No dealers are taking pre orders

luvmyRugers

Single-Sixer
My concern is with the jagged edge and feeding reliability in a semi auto. I'm thinking jamming would be a problem. Revolvers may be ok... YMMV. Too gimmicky for my tastes. I will stick to HP or ball ammo in my weapons...

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
My first concern would be a jury seeing those upon a large screen in a courtroom and thinking those might be considered "cruel and unusual punishment" even for a perp., ie over kill

stevemb

Hunter
They will go the way of the Black Talon, but not before raising the ire of our foes. Like we need any more attention right now. Crap. steve

triggerpull

Single-Sixer
luvmyRugers said:
My concern is with the jagged edge and feeding reliability in a semi auto. I'm thinking jamming would be a problem. Revolvers may be ok... YMMV. Too gimmicky for my tastes. I will stick to HP or ball ammo in my weapons...
Exactly my thoughts--plus I suspect you're gonna have a fun time in court if you actually shoot somebody with one.

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
They will be in the hands of the dealers this week they say.......I cannot imagine the police even being authorized to use the little fellas. :shock:

stevemb

Hunter
A shotgun blast at household type ranges will deliver a much worse wound, yet it is the default recommended home defense weapon of choice. Go figure. Another Black Talon media whining coming soon. steve

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
I understand that it takes the computer and associated loading equipment a full 5 minutes to pop out one single round in the factory..

The environmental folks wanted lead free....Guess they have them now... :lol:

stevemb

Hunter
For those with their anti-BS undies on, the full-wadcutter at safe pressures is still good to go. steve

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
Dealers seem to be quoting $45.00 per box of 20, plus shipping and tax

Delivery to dealers still about a week away

One of the 4 dealers saying they received their first shipment a few days ago and it was all gone within 5 minutes

No-1

Single-Sixer
frank n texas said:
Dealers seem to be quoting $45.00 per box of 20, plus shipping and tax

Delivery to dealers still about a week away

One of the 4 dealers saying they received their first shipment a few days ago and it was all gone within 5 minutes

I saw a box on Gunbroker going for $280. Once it's down to $45 I'll buy a box just beause. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=390097532

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
Has anyone here been able to get any of this RIP ammo and test it out yet?

Dealers sold out their first shipment within minutes and have not alerted buyers via email that they have gotten any more in..

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
Thought I would ask again here almost a month later...

Any one here been able to purchase any of this ammo and shoot/test it yet?

Greebe

Single-Sixer
They look too "Evil" for things to go well for you in a court of law if you had to use them in self defense. I think you would get hammered by the law if you shot someone with those. Having said that I would want those in my pistol if I had to use it for self defense. However at $50 a box of 20 the price meeds to come down before I will buy any.

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
One box of 20 could last a person a lifetime if bought for self defense....Unless you lived in Chicago..
:lol:

These four dealers.are making the availability of these way more of a hassle than need be...
They have turned me off.... :roll:

Meeko

Single-Sixer
RIP and most of the other special ammo specifically marketed to be the greatest is usually all hype and there are several other proven designs. I do not believe this RIP stuff will be anywhere near the end all be all rounds when used in the "real world". If you need something that much more effective than standard handgun rounds perhaps a 308 rifle is called for.

http://youtu.be/UT6xRUC_7m4