review of online magazine purchase.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JFB

Hunter
I wanted mags for a Marlin Camp and found them at .... https://www.buymymags.com/

added a couple mini14 10 and 20 rnds with order.

opening the packed, they looked and felt like JUNK.

TRYING to load them had to be careful of sharp edges.

bullets did not load smoothly and stuck in mags.

SO, WOULD NOT RECOMEND . . . https://www.buymymags.com/

gunzo

Hunter
A bit confused here, help me out. Does buymymags manufacture some of the mags they sell, or are they branded by them?

I looked & while some don't say, others were advertised with the makers name. Some I saw were Ruger brand Mini 14 mags. JMO, but if a person buys no name mags from anywhere, they're gambling. But other name brand mags that are sticky or have sharp edges aren't the fault of the retailer.

Aftermarket mags have always been a gamble, always will be I guess.

JFB

Hunter
gunzo said:
Aftermarket mags have always been a gamble, always will be I guess.

So true,

At the price, I expected poor quality, but these were not functional. I looked to see if there was any possibility to "clean up" the rough internals, but farther comparison implied the internal dimensions were off.

I had nearly come to the conclusion "I paid my money and took my chances"
BUT after unsucesfuly searching their website to contact customer service, I had to resort to google search and then got multiple recent post about similiar problems.

"selling" a non fuctional product was just too much for me to throw away $150.
However, It is yet to be seen if I get any sort of remenidy

so, just saying "I would NOT recomend"

dfletcher

Blackhawk
Their website isn't exactly easy to navigate.

Did notice they list the magazine manufacturer on some of their products (Target Sports for example) so I don't think they're a manufacturer.

Pretty low prices on some of their offerings. I have a box of el cheapo Mini 14 magazines. They mostly work OK but for best dependability I stick with factory.

On the Camp 9 I usually go with MecGar S&W Model 59 - mags are the same.

The "best to avoid" is appreciated.

JFB

Hunter
on the Camp 9 (the reason I was looking mags)
I've read the S&W 69 is better fit. not the extended ones, but that will fit flush like 12rnd Marlin

I've got email to a possible flat based, 12 rnd, LE only, S&W. sure hope that he still has them.

JFB

Hunter
update.

I did file a complaint with CC.
have to open an account to message dealer. I got RA and link to all reasons I would not get a refund .
shipped mags back and tracking delivery said they were left on "back porch"!
10 days and no response, message to dealer with tracking delivery notice.
yesterday my account with mag dealer was cancelled, thus can no longer message.
this morning CC shows credit less $10 (their shipping) was refunded by dealer

So with my shipping, being out ~$20 is better than $130.
CC still has my complaint active and see if cc can get shipping back also

There seems to be a lot of poor quality magazines floating around. I've been buying a few 10 round AR magazines when they show up on sale. Usually stick with the name brand (MagPul, ASC/C-Prod, Okay) but have found that HERA and Amend2 aren't bad. On the other hand, aftermarket GLOCK mags are all over the place in terms of fit & function. Trying to find an aftermarket mag that fits my AR9 platform is frustrating. Even MagPul's are problematic in one so maybe it's the mag well rather than the mags. I took a gamble on some SGM 33 rounders last week and WOOHOO, they fit all 3 AR9 lowers and "drop free" from 2 of them. Excellent quality and function.