Return shipping notice?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
They didn't tell me when they return shipped my SR-9 on either occasion (that's right, two trips to the factory). They had my email address both times.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Jumping Frog":18s5cdpe said:
They didn't tell me when they return shipped my SR-9 on either occasion (that's right, two trips to the factory). They had my email address both times.

I really like my SR-9, which I just sent in. It can be a great Platform Ideal, they could really expand on this . Make a shorter barrel + mag version for CC, make a standard size 40 cal , etc and so on.
If I need to send it back in a 2ND time, it gets traded in or sold. NO excuse for it not being corrected after going in the first time! NONE!!

ScottH

Bearcat
I sent my SR9 in twice and a Lipsey .44 in twice and did not receive a notice when they were shipped back any of the four times. Turnaround on the second trip for the SR9 was pretty quick, both trips for the .44 not so much.

Scott

jhearne

Buckeye
They didn't tell me, but someone noticed that your serial number is one of the package references. You can go to UPS.com and use any of the numbers you can think of to try and reference it. Atleast I know my SR9 ship to and from Ruger was like that both ways. Just check it daily sometime and once it's in their system you'll have the delivery date though it should be UPS Red overnight shipping.

Here's the link to the UPS Track By Reference page.

Josh

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
jhearne":dc832jzd said:
They didn't tell me, but someone noticed that your serial number is one of the package references. You can go to UPS.com and use any of the numbers you can think of to try and reference it. Atleast I know my SR9 ship to and from Ruger was like that both ways. Just check it daily sometime and once it's in their system you'll have the delivery date though it should be UPS Red overnight shipping.

Here's the link to the UPS Track By Reference page.

Josh
I drop it off at 3pm at UPS[Michigan] on Monday,they had it there at 10am there time Tuesday! Thats fast,lol lol . Are you saying I can use the same UPS tracking numbers that I got at start ?
thanks .....

slippingaway

Blackhawk
Not the tracking numbers (usually start with 1Z...), you have to do a track by reference. Use the serial number of the gun as the reference number. That's how I found out when my LCP was coming back from the recall work.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
slippingaway":3pquj7ns said:
Not the tracking numbers (usually start with 1Z...), you have to do a track by reference. Use the serial number of the gun as the reference number. That's how I found out when my LCP was coming back from the recall work.

Thank you for clearing that up for me, now I understand!

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
3leggeddog":31wpsyl3 said:
If I need to send it back in a 2ND time, it gets traded in or sold. NO excuse for it not being corrected after going in the first time! NONE!!
Actually, I haven't shot it since it was returned the second time because I am weighing that very decision. I would sell my SR-9 if I had a clear idea what I wanted to replace it with.

The original barrel was replaced the first trip. The replacement barrel peened badly (Odd Barrel Peening (picts)) and was replaced. It hasn't been shot since.

Latest posts