New LCP Max Failure to return to battery

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rottnjp

Bearcat
Good afternoon. Just took my new LCP Max out for its first range trip. Roughly every 3rd round failed to return to battery, hanging up about 3/16" inch before RTB. In most cases I could push it forward and then fire the round. In a couple of cases the slide seemed to be jammed, and I had to pull the slide back and poke the round out. Those stuck rounds wouldn't eject when the slide was pulled back.

Three different types of ammo exhibited the same behavior: S&B ball, Tula ball, and DoubleTap 95gr JHP.

My LCP2 has been flawless from round one out of the box, but this one was the worst first range trip I've ever had, but I haven't seen anything about failure to RTB issues with these guns. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

greenmtnguy said:
We assume you cleaned and lubed it before shooting it?

Yep, what he said. I have had a brand new S&W 4506, and a Kel-Tec P-11 both do the same thing. Lubing them cleared it right up. Put a hundred rounds down range after lubing. If still a problem, talk to Ruger.
gramps

Fatdaddy

Single-Sixer
When you say "they wouldn't eject", do you mean the extractor wasn't grabbing them or were they physically stuck in the barrel?
Either way, I wouldn't waste ammo on it at the current price of 380acp; contact Ruger and get them to send a pickup label and get it fixed for free.
Mine was and has been problem/free since round 1; no reason yours shouldn't be.
200 rounds is well over $120 worth of break in ammo on a $350 gun.

P.S. in the slight chance that these are reloads, your bullet may not be seated in the case deep enough and getting into the lands

mbacan18

Bearcat
Yeah, send it back. Sounds like the same problem i had.
With mine, this was happening as soon as i got it (brand new) and didn't even shoot it before i sent it back.
I couldn't rack the slide all the way back, and hence it would end up about 3/8 from the nozzle end.

I sent it back and Ruger replaced the slide and it fixed the problem.