Rebarreling Blackhawk .45 Convertible Cost

Help Support Ruger Forum:

101VooDoo

Single-Sixer
I've got a .45 Blackhawk with a canted front sight; thought I'd get used to it, but it bugs me everytime I shoot it.

Been thinking about sending the gun back to Ruger to get the sight sorted out, and was curious if anyone has had Ruger rebarrel a Blackhawk to a different length recently? I see Ruger's web site shows an $80 labor charge for a rebarrel, but makes no mention of the bbl cost.

I've put a SBH hammer and grip frame on the BH (I'll put the stock grip & parts back on before shipping to Ruger), and with its current 4 5/8 bbl it just feels too short.

Jim

edlmann

Blackhawk
101VooDoo said:
I've got a .45 Blackhawk with a canted front sight; thought I'd get used to it, but it bugs me everytime I shoot it.
Been thinking about sending the gun back to Ruger to get the sight sorted out, and was curious if anyone has had Ruger rebarrel a Blackhawk to a different length recently? I see Ruger's web site shows an $80 labor charge for a rebarrel, but makes no mention of the bbl cost.
I've put a SBH hammer and grip frame on the BH (I'll put the stock grip & parts back on before shipping to Ruger), and with its current 4 5/8 bbl it just feels too short.

AFAIK, they won't make a model that doesn't otherwise exist, but a barrel length change shouldn't be a big deal. You'll probably need to send both cylinders in for a rebarrel.

101VooDoo

Single-Sixer
Chuck 100 yd said:
Call Ruger service and ASK THEM . Clocking the front sight ,only, would be on them in most cases.

Unfortunately Ruger won't quote a price until they have the revolver in hand. That's why I was hoping someone had recent experience with this. Hate to un-convert the BH and pay to ship it to Ruger, just to find out its more than I'm willing to spend.