Re-scoping a Favorite

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OIF2

Single-Sixer
Like a lot of shooters, I'm constantly tinkering with loads and equipment. That's also true with scopes...there always seems to be a better scope that could be on the rifle I'm playing with. This No 1 (.30-06 Centennial) is my favorite Ruger single-shot. And it's had its share of scopes on it, both variable, fixed and vintage. Nothing was quite exactly what I envisioned, though...until I put this Zeiss 4X on it. Mounted low (in Leupold rings), with a 4" eye relief, it fit me perfectly when shouldered. Optics were incredibly clear and sharp, and I liked the Zeiss wide duplex. Lately, I've grown fond of fixed power scopes; this one is the best I've tried. I think I've found the right scope (finally) on a favored rifle. A great 4X is an awesome addition to a good '06. Unfortunately, Zeiss has discontinued this jewel, but that's OK...I have a couple.
Bob

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Nice rifle! You picked one of the best all around rifles and if you could only have one rifle I think it would be an '06. I used to do a lot of tinkering with scopes and have had almost all of them under $450. I finally decided i like the M8 7.5x Leupold and have several of them on my favorite rifles. I also have a Leupold M8 6x that lives on my Flat Bolt serial number 71 243. I especially like the CPC reticle in these. Other favorites include a Redfield Bear Cub 6x and a Weaver T-16.