RAR Ranch, anyone have one yet?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Three50seven

Buckeye
I am dead set on one of these, even though I haven't even seen one yet! I have handled the regular RAR several times and it seems like a really nice rifle for the money, but something about the look of that short little threaded barrel and FDE stock have me holding out for the Ranch model. I have talked to every shop in the area and nobody can get one for some reason. I see where Cabela's has them in their sale flyer for this weekend, but the closest store is 3 hours away, not sure if I'll be able to make it up there this weekend :(

9x19

Hunter
I have one in 5.56... works great and shoots better. No issues at all with mine... since it came threaded, I added a linear comp from Simple Threaded Devices. If Ruger would offer it in 7.62x39, I'd own another.

RugerAR556bffiistd_zpsf8d183b2.jpg

Three50seven

Buckeye
Thanks for the reply. I'm at looking at the 5.56 as well. No need for the 300 Blackout, though I think it was a smart move on Ruger's part to offer it. I will probably put some sort of comp or flash hider on mine as well (If I can ever find one!)

Also, what sort of glass did you mount on yours? I'm looking at the Nikon P-223 3-9x40 BDC 600, but haven't settled on it yet.

9x19

Hunter
Mine has a Burris 2x-7x 35mm on top.

The .300 BO is an interesting cartridge, but I'd rather they offered the 6.5 Grendel! :D

Three50seven

Buckeye
I can definitely see them putting a lot of interesting calibers in this platform. It should be a hot seller, especially with the threaded barrel.

peyton

Single-Sixer
Cabelas has them for sale now. Problem is they are not on hand. I contacted the local Cabelas store and was told that they would not get any before the sale was over. I then called the national office and asked why they were advertising that they had a product that was not available?? When I asked if they were purposely engaging in "Deceptive Advertising" I got transferred to someone else. I got two on order now and they will have them shipped to Texas.
Call the customer service number and ask for the Special Order team, however, it is not a special order item, their sales flyer lists them for sale. The REP I spoke with that assisted me said Ruger was behind on shipping them. Be polite but persistent.

If you want more details contact me.

Three50seven

Buckeye
My local (3 hours away) Cabelas has them on sale right now as well. I though about calling the store and seeing if they actually have any in stock....I will post if I get any more details.

peyton

Single-Sixer
Call and reserve one before you make the three hour drive, if they will let you.

djw54

Single-Sixer
Three50seven said:
My local (3 hours away) Cabelas has them on sale right now as well. I though about calling the store and seeing if they actually have any in stock....I will post if I get any more details.

I went to Cabelas in Grandville, MI. No sign of a ranch, though they did have a few Americans, including some marked "factory seconds", whatever that means. $329.

trapperon

Blackhawk
yep--the Grandville cabelas is close to where I live. I went there on Tuesday after the ad for $379 arrived in my mail wanting to get a rar ranch in 5.56. they had none and said none of their warehouses had any either. there were a very few in the stores and if I wanted I could pay $25 to have one shipped in. just for the heck of it I went back on Thursday when the sale started and still nothing. how can you put them on sale in a national ad with no inventory? to top it off they said no rainchecks either!!! Almost seems illegal to false advertise like that. I didn't speak to the store manager, but I think I will next week.

ron

peyton

Single-Sixer
As I mentioned above, call the national customer service number. You are correct, it is deceptive advertising. They failed to have the merchandise as advertised.

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
Here is my version not sure if it will stay this way or change but this is what it is at the moment. It has a Leupold VX-I 3x9x40 and a Harris clone bipod. I like it so far but it may get some different glass and maybe a break not sure yet though.

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
Sorry forgot to put that on there it's a 5.56 and so far only got to sight it in but it shot fairly well with just plain federal 45gr bulk stuff. The weather has not been the greatest here and my schedule has not worked out for me to shoot it that much but plan to change that soon I will keep you posted.

winken

Bearcat
Received e-mail from Davidsons today, Ruger American Ranch in stock. Went to site within minutes of message and out of stock already! :(

KRD

Bearcat
I bought one at Cabelas back in January and really like it. Put a Leupold Hog scope on it. The 1x4 magnification is plenty and the smaller, shorter scope just looks right on this rifle. I plan to use the rifle for coyotes, not hogs but the concept for this scope design still applies. It seems to me that the larger scopes somewhat defeat the purpose of this small, quick handling rifle. As far as accuracy. I have gotten a few sub MOA groups off the hood of my truck at 100 yards with handloads, so I am plenty happy with it. This rifle appears to shoot better for me than my M77 in .223 with a VXll 3x9 on it. Not sure if it is me or the rifle.
I just got a Simple Threaded Device (linear compensator) for it but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

OzzyDave

Bearcat
Some keen interest here in Australia. I think they are due here around end of March. The short barrel and 300AAC will be good for hunting hogs off the quad bikes. Majority of shots 50 yards or less. Getting the ammo may be another issue. We are permitted to spotlight from a vehicle here, so 223 has great barrel length for the "sporting vehicle shooters" - comfy inside the cab of the utility.
Keen to here some range reports guys.

Latest posts