Q on Sig M400 AR's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Didnt know if this belongs here or the lounge but figured the rifle section would get to the intended audience better.

Anyone know much about the Sig M400 AR's? I know some about the AR but have not paid a lot of attention in quite a while and with so many models and makes out there it is a lot to digest.

Ive been kicking around the idea of getting one and if this one has the reputation of other Sigs Im thinking it may be a pretty good rifle.

Any experiences with this rifle good or bad?

Thanks,
Jeff

Architorture23

Bearcat
here's a good thread on Sigforum about the M400. There's a post of sopmeone comparing it to a Colt LE6920. In his opinion, it stacks up pretty well.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2990014592?r=2990014592#2990014592

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Thanks for the link. A lot of crap in that thread but at least the one post was worth reading.

Anyone else?

Watergoat

Single-Sixer
I bought one last week. Seems like a good basic AR carbine, nothing exotic. Shot it a bit Monday, works well. I could shoot skeets at 100 yds until the pieces were too small to see in the failing light. Trigger not great, about as bad as a stock Colt. Ordered two RRAs today. Putting a $300+ Jewell, Geisele, Jard, etc in a plinking/SD carbine is kind of overkill. Has a couple small things I like, such as ambidextrous mag release. Came with a killer-diller case - probably weighs twice what the rifle does. Good deal for the money.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Thanks watergoat. Im not looking for all the fancy gadgets , just a quaility basic model is preferred. Im sure you can buy them cheaper as well as spend more on one comparable to the Sig.

I have had Sig pistols forever and am quite fond of them and that is one reason the Sig stands out to me for a starter AR.

Watergoat

Single-Sixer
A lot of the cheaper ARs don't have chrome lined barrels, nor even bolt carriers. I consider that a basic necessity on a self defense AR. I remember the first ones in Vietnam........Also the upper to lower fit on the Sig is great, no wiggle. Much better than a stock Colt, even my HBAR. No need to make a shim, or buy an accuwedge. The whole rifle seems tight, assembled to minimal tolerances. I went to look at them at Walmart for a friend, with no plans at all to buy one. But, the wife said she really liked it. The adjustable stock works well for her. Said the green stock was ugly, but the black one was nice. Out comes the little plastic card.......Went home and called the friend; he went to his local Wally and got one too. Never thought I would buy a gun at Wallmarket, not in a million years. They were very nice, the transaction went quite well. First time I have used the online 4473. I can do the paper ones faster. I wonder if the online one does a data dump to BATFE every night.