Problem w/SR1911 CMD Grip Safety

Help Support Ruger Forum:

azrudy

Bearcat
Hi there!
I finally took my new Commander to the range and while I love the reliability and accuracy out of the box, I'm really not comfortable with the beavertail grip safety. The scallops on the sides seem to bite into the web of my hand which was not a good thing as my web is meaty! Does anyone know of a direct replacement that may need little or no fitting that is full width? I have a Wilson Combat drop in on my old 1911 that I carried for over 20 years and it was extremely comfortable as is the one that came standard on my Para Expert, and I'd like to find one similar. Thanks in advance - Rudy

loaded round

Hunter
Since all Ruger SR1911's are mil spec, I can't see why an after market grip safety shouldn't a drop in or just needing a minor fitting at the most. Really a minor job, so why don't you give it a shot. No pun intended.

loaded round

Hunter
Since all Ruger SR1911's are mil spec, I can't see why an after market grip safety shouldn't a drop in or just needing a minor fitting at the most. Really a minor job, so why don't you give it a shot. No pun intended.