Price Check Single Six Needed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

VAPA

Bearcat
I am looking at a New Model Single Six convertable bicentennial model stamped "Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty" on the barrel, one owner who bought it new in 1976, original box, papers, unfired 22 mag cylinder, 50 rounds fired. for $450, is this a resonable price for this gun?
Thanks in advance

hittman

Staff member
Around these parts $450 is on the high side but ..... if that includes sales tax, FFL fees, etc. ~ might be okay. As always, depends on how bad you want it.

Many of us have lotsa wants and an extra $20 - $50 now won't be noticed later!

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
If the gun is blued & barrel length is 4 5/8" I would buy it now! There were only 2000 of that length made. Took me awhile to find mine NIB and I have only seen two others for sale. If it is a 4 /5/8" stainless and it will letter from Ruger BUY it now only 300 of those made and go for about 1K.
Terry

PS- Welcome to the forum & good luck.

VAPA

Bearcat
http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp169/RaiderANV/Ruger%20Single%20Six%2022%20Bicentennial/

Here is a link to the actual gun, I too think $450 is a little high, it is a FTF sale, no taxes, etc

Hondo44

Hawkeye
If it's exactly what you want and you want to shoot it anyway, why quibble, just grab it. You won't find them like that often. If you just want to stash it away, keep looking and pay more for an unfired one.

I don't see that barrel length ever getting too pricey, too many made.