Pray before play

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Just realized that at a NASCAR race there is always a prayer, followed by a rendition of the National Anthem prior to the start of each race. Name another sporting event that does that.

hittman

Staff member
The Catholic and other Christian schools in this area do that. Basketball, volleyball, softball, baseball, tennis, swimming, football, school plays, etc.

87flht

Bearcat
I frequent dirt tracks and I haven’t been to one yet without a prayer and anthem but that is where several nascar people got started

Huntfish918

Bearcat
Just realized that at a NASCAR race there is always a prayer, followed by a rendition of the National Anthem prior to the start of each race. Name another sporting event that does that.
Every bass tournament I have ever seen or participated in had a prayer.

black1970

Single-Sixer
The moment that NASCAR and other sports venues think that praying and playing the Anthem will satisfy the majority of fans and their advertisers it will stop. Just a matter of time. NFL no longer has the Anthem on TV. It is played before TV coverage starts so people at home won’t see the thugs and ingrates taking a knee. Good for ratings I guess. Ah yes, everything is going to plan.

Miata Mike

Bearcat
I attended a NASCAR race in Michigan during the early ninetys where they held a short mass before the race for the drivers. It was the same weekend that Ernie Irvan nearly lost his life.

KIR

Single-Sixer
Prayer = Asking for stuff, like world peace. Never gonna happen. --- happens! When I pray, I just say, "Thank you". I am grateful for what I have and I don't think we will ever get world peace no matter how much I or everyone prays. On a smaller scale, people recover, but not because of prayers.
Original "religious leaders" found religion as a way of controlling the way people think and getting them to do their bidding!
So if you do believe in a greater entity that created the universe, just say thank you, as I think it would be appreciated more. Wouldn't you?

Latest posts