POULIN'S FEBRUARY 11th to 14th FIREARMS AUCTION.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Approximately 80 Rugers with an assortment or pistols, revolvers and rifles plus accessories; many are new in original boxes. The February auction contains just a fraction of the Rugers they have in house, with more to be offered throughout the year. See their large ad in the ROCS journal and be sure to sign up on their mailing list to receive flyers and email notices. Poulin's Antiques and Auctions of Fairfield, ME. They have very thorough descriptions by knowlegeable consultants; one is a long time Ruger collecor who is also a founding member of the ROCS. Upcoming auctions that will have even more Rugers, are listed on their website. Good luck with your bidding !

Some really good buys ! Old Model 4-5/8" non prefix 41 Mag for only $600. A lot of 2 handguns being a Flat Gate 22 revolover and a non prefix Standard Auto in 6"; both together for only $475. A Bicentennial 9-1/2" Single Six for only $550 and more. Be sure to be watching for their April auction and then the Premier Auction in June. MANY more collectable Rugers are on the way.

Some really good buys ! Old Model 4-5/8" non prefix 41 Mag for only $600. A lot of 2 handguns being a Flat Gate 22 revolover and a non prefix Standard Auto in 6"; both together for only $475. A Bicentennial 9-1/2" Single Six for only $550 and more. Be sure to be watching for their April auction and then the Premier Auction in June. MANY more collectable Rugers are on the way.How

How do I get aboard? I need another auction but maybe not another Ruger. I am very happy with my SP101 for carry in the woods, my 5 or 6 Vaqueros as well as the 4 mini-14 & 30s including a .300 Blackout tactical mini. My choices for the past 60 years has been US mlitary small arms, Browning HPs, Colts and other 1911s.

Some really good buys ! Old Model 4-5/8" non prefix 41 Mag for only $600. A lot of 2 handguns being a Flat Gate 22 revolover and a non prefix Standard Auto in 6"; both together for only $475. A Bicentennial 9-1/2" Single Six for only $550 and more. Be sure to be watching for their April auction and then the Premier Auction in June. MANY more collectable Rugers are on the way.
SSHHH!!! Don't tell everyone!!! BTW, I picked up the 41 Mag ;) and was watching the flat gate...

Smart buy on the 41. I am actually one of their consutants and I wrote the descriptions on them. There are LOTS of Rugers coming up for April, June Premier and other online auctions as well as the November Premier auction. Hope thinckley likes the 41 and its description. To come in future auctions this year are a few Hawkeye pistols and a few mahogany boxed Supers, etc., etc. If you like Rugers, you can't afford to miss Poulin's Auctions. LOTS of Number 1's coming up soon as well. They also have non Ruger firearms for Auction as well ! Just go to their website and sign up for their email notifications and flyers.

Keep in mind, they have thousands to process all at once. A loan of Santa's elves would help. Invoices are usually out within 2 days after the last day of the auction. Usually sent by email if one is provided.

Keep in mind, they have thousands to process all at once. A loan of Santa's elves would help. Invoices are usually out within 2 days after the last day of the auction. Usually sent by email if one is provided.
Oh, I get it... doesn't stop me from wishing they could do it faster ;-)

Huntfish918

Bearcat
You guys not counting or adding in the 30% fees associated with the purchase?
Buyer's premiums differ from auction house to auction house.
Online bidding always is extra.
Credit cards are extra.
Best method I've found is calculate your top dollar bid and call them.
A sealed bid paid for with a money order knocks out all those extras...
Of course, the live auction is where the winning bid adrenaline rush occurs.

You guys not counting or adding in the 30% fees associated with the purchase?
I always calculate the premium and any other fees when I determine my max bid. (I have made the mistake of not doing that 1 time....) $750 for an OM in 41 is still a good price.

You just have to be careful not to get caught up in the occasional bidding war.

Distracted with other stuff and missed out on a S&W 4" Model 629 (no dash) that went for only $550, dangit!!!
I missed out on an engraved OM single six that went for $25 over my, admittedly, low dollar bid. If I had been watching I would have gone a bit higher.

The replies have stated the facts well. The minimal fees come from arranging a phone bid or doing an absentee bid as there is no fee for that service. Cash or proper check avoids the online credit card fee. Poulins has instituted an online bidding service where the charge is only a fraction of the other sites. Always best to phone or email and be clear on all charges.

Buyer's premiums differ from auction house to auction house.
Online bidding always is extra.
Credit cards are extra.
Best method I've found is calculate your top dollar bid and call them.
A sealed bid paid for with a money order knocks out all those extras...
Of course, the live auction is where the winning bid adrenaline rush occurs.
I have attended a couple of their auctions, they are only 45 minutes from my house. I always try to get there at least 2 hours before the auction starts so I can preview what is available. It is surprising how many guns they can move in a day. Most of their sales are online or phone bids. They only have seating for about 75 people.

Paying with approved check or cash has a buyer's premium of 17.5%. Sales tax in Maine is 5.5%. If you use Poulin's Live bidding platform, there is a 1% fee. If you use a bidding site like Proxibid, etc. you pay extra to those sites for their services. If you choose to have a phone bid or absentee bid with Poulin's, there is no extra charge for that service. Most economical option for buyers is to avoid plastic for payment, plus arrange for absentee or phone bidding. In person bidding is only available for the Premier Auctions of June and November. Hope this does a bit of clarification.

Latest posts