PINE NEEDLE BASKETS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Some of you have ask for photo's of the baskets my wife is weaving out of pine needles...here they are. She's been using the Longleaf Pine needles from Florida, Alabama, North Carolina, etc. They are pretty nice!

0192.jpg

This is a cracker basket with a wooden bottom & a cactus plant added with a wood burner.
0212.jpg

0202.jpg

These are about 8" wide.

0182.jpg

These small one's are about 5" wide.

0152.jpg

0122.jpg

Dick

mb111263

Single-Sixer
Dick,

When you described the baskets to me I knew they would be pretty but had no idea they would look like this. Please tell Ruthann that those baskets are beautiful!!

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
That is some beautiful work that your wife does!!!!
When I stare at those Cracker Baskets for very long, its
like looking down a Micro rifled Marlin barrel.
Thanks for sharing.
Terry

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Darn, Dick ! I see where Shane gets his artistic talents from in his rifle building ! Tell Ruthann very nice work ! I'd be honored to eat a cracker out of any of them baskets. :lol: Too bad you don't know anyone in those southern states that could send you some of them loooooong pine needles :roll: :( .

contender

Ruger Guru
Tell Ruth Ann that those are exceptional!!!!!! I just wish I had been able to find you those long needles. We don't have them here,, our climate doesn't seen to host those pines. Glad to know you got some AND that they have turned out so nice!

sixshot

Buckeye
Jeff, he did get his talent from his mom & there has been one fellow thats sent some, she could use more if anyone has the long, brown one's they could send. A large flatrate box would be great & we would be glad to pay the shipping.

Dick

callshot

Blackhawk
Here is a picture of the one that Betty's grandmother made about 100 years ago.
img_0429.jpg

It is about 10 inches across and is getting kind of worn on the one end. Steve

Chief 101

Hunter
Dick, how long are the pine needles you needs? There is a small stand of pines here with about 8-9" needles. If you can use them I will see if any are accessible. Just west of Boise.
Chief aka Maxx Load

sixshot

Buckeye
Hey Arnold, good to hear from you, we will be leaving Arizona the end of the month, I'll give you a call when we get in your area.

Chief, these Longleaf pine needles are 12-15 inches long & they work great, hopefully we can get more. Thanks for the offer, I will be in the Boise area in late April, might give you a call if you aren't busy.

Dick

Chief 101

Hunter
Dick, I will be between home and CJ Strike fishin for big Cats and big Sturgeons or mebe whistlepiggin'. Gimme a scream and I will get you my phone.
Chief
ps...if you do show up I have lots of exotic woods for you to make grips out of. I'll make you a little care package. Eating Huckleberry sauce on vanilla bean ice cream yet tonight...ifn' you care. hehe

tookalisten

Blackhawk
Those are incredible.
I have been looking long leaf pines in my area but not much luck so far. We are infested with Loblolly pines. However, my local nursery said he may be able to get a long leaf pine bale and is checking for me.

Latest posts