People can be surprising sometimes...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Skoopski

Single-Sixer
So today I was sitting in Firestone getting an oil change and tire rotation on my truck, minding my own business looking at GunBroker for a Colt Officers 45, when this guy starts in on why my truck went in before his. He'd been waiting about 15 minutes before I got there apparently. Fair question I figure. Guys tell him that the truck had a 12 o'clock appointment and that he was on the standby list to get worked in. This dude just keeps saying, "But I was here first!" They keep trying to explain why they couldn't bump my appointment, but this dude thinks he's apparently more important than I am.

Guy isn't letting it go, so as I stand up to refill my coffee, I (as politely as I can possibly manage) ask him "Excuse me sir, but may I ask why you think you're more important than I am?" He kind of cocks his head to the side and goes "What"?

I go, "That's my truck they brought in before yours, but it's only because I called last week to make an appointment like an adult. Can you explain why you think my whole day should get messed up because you can't make plans?."

Now this is where things took a surprising turn. He kind of stares at me far a couple of seconds, then starts to chuckle. He goes, "Man, I don't know why I'm being such an a****le, but when you say it like that it's plain as day. Man, I'd be pissed if it was the other way around. I'm sorry"

I say, "hey man, no problem, we all get a little too into ourselves sometimes."

He goes, "No, it is a problem. I feel bad. Hey, you had lunch yet?"

Long story shorter, He invited me over to the taco truck that was across the street and bought me lunch. We got to talking and I learned he had recently lost his wife and "hadn't quite been the same since" and that she was his "ground when I got worked up". I told him I couldn't imagine what that must be like and didn't want to.

Guy ended up being a pretty cool dude, that was just going through a rough spell. Reminded me of that saying "be kind to others, because you never know what struggles they are going through"

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Snowninja said:
So today I was sitting in Firestone getting an oil change and tire rotation on my truck, minding my own business looking at GunBroker for a Colt Officers 45, when this guy starts in on why my truck went in before his. He'd been waiting about 15 minutes before I got there apparently. Fair question I figure. Guys tell him that the truck had a 12 o'clock appointment and that he was on the standby list to get worked in. This dude just keeps saying, "But I was here first!" They keep trying to explain why they couldn't bump my appointment, but this dude thinks he's apparently more important than I am.

Guy isn't letting it go, so as I stand up to refill my coffee, I (as politely as I can possibly manage) ask him "Excuse me sir, but may I ask why you think you're more important than I am?" He kind of cocks his head to the side and goes "What"?

I go, "That's my truck they brought in before yours, but it's only because I called last week to make an appointment like an adult. Can you explain why you think my whole day should get messed up because you can't make plans?."

Now this is where things took a surprising turn. He kind of stares at me far a couple of seconds, then starts to chuckle. He goes, "Man, I don't know why I'm being such an a****le, but when you say it like that it's plain as day. Man, I'd be pissed if it was the other way around. I'm sorry"

I say, "hey man, no problem, we all get a little too into ourselves sometimes."

He goes, "No, it is a problem. I feel bad. Hey, you had lunch yet?"

Long story shorter, He invited me over to the taco truck that was across the street and bought me lunch. We got to talking and I learned he had recently lost his wife and "hadn't quite been the same since" and that she was his "ground when I got worked up". I told him I couldn't imagine what that must be like and didn't want to.

Guy ended up being a pretty cool dude, that was just going through a rough spell. Reminded me of that saying "be kind to others, because you never know what struggles they are going through"

Good story, and something we all need to keep in mind. Thanks. :D

Snake45

Hawkeye
Great story. You should send it to Reader's Digest. Thanks for posting it. :wink:

Pierow

Blackhawk
Wow! Usually folks bear-down when called out but I give you credit as I do the other gentleman. When you approached him, you must have done it right and with respect. Good for you sir.............er I mean Snow Ninja :)

Pierow

That is a good story, and it’s true, you just don’t really know the other guy’s back story. Like what happened to him before he got in a bad mood. And since this guy’s wife juet died, he’s probably not thinking about making appointments for an oil change.

Good for you Snowninja for being nice to this guy.

BDM1

Single-Sixer
That is a great story, something every one of us needs to be reminded of every now and then. Thanks for posting it.

Latest posts