PC9?? Why all the rage??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9x19

Hunter
Yeah, everything is personal preference.

I sold my Camp 45 about a year or so back, made a hefty profit, and would never pay what I sold it for. :D

My 45 ran great with better quality mags, but the cheap $7 GI mags did not feed well in mine.

My 9 runs great with Marlin, S&W and Mec-Gar mags (all I've tried) and has proven ultra reliable with both 115 and 124 grain ammo (I'm not a fan of the 147 so I've never tried that).

The Ruger is just as reliable with the same ammo.

I have noticed, at least in my neck of the woods that the ASKING price of the Marlins are approaching those of the PC's. I bought a Camp 9 not long ago at a show from a vendor for $350 with box and 5 Marlin mags. Turned it the same day for $600. So, there is a demand for these guns, both Marlin and Ruger.

9x19

Hunter
The Camp 45s are priced even higher (silly-land)... I paid $279 for my Camp 9, brand new in the box.

There is a market for a good 9mm carbine. Heck, even the Kel-Tecs bring more than MSRP these days, and they are still in production! Mine has been thru some minor changes.

KTSub2Ktg.jpg

The Beretta Storm is a nice package, but their new prices are high, IMO. I bought mine slightly used and it's been a lot of fun.

BCX4paM3.jpg

vn750

Bearcat
hr2lrn said:
Damm, NOT MINE, but this one is over $1,000 in bidding!!! I must be missing something.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=316936793

holy Kaw! this one went for $1100.00!!!!!

I have one with Ghost Ring sights and in even better shape than this one. that must mean that mine must be worth at least $1200.00! lol

9x19

Hunter
Not anymore... the one guy who'd pay that.... just bought one! :D

vn750 said:
hr2lrn said:
Damm, NOT MINE, but this one is over $1,000 in bidding!!! I must be missing something.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=316936793

holy Kaw! this one went for $1100.00!!!!!

I have one with Ghost Ring sights and in even better shape than this one. that must mean that mine must be worth at least $1200.00! lol

Batty67

Bearcat
I got a PC4 about a year ago and had to part with it. Mixed feelings on it. I recently picked up a Marlin Camp 45 and it is a hoot. Now I need a 1911, but must tell myself I do not *need* a Dan Wesson or Wilson Combat...

Batty67

Bearcat
You know what I meant. I might settle for a Sig Fastback rosewood. Or wait until sometime in 2013. I'd really (really) a V-bob... Commander length is what I'm most interested in. But have to be patient and wait for the finances to recover post-holidays and my son's emergency root canal...