Pawnshoppin'

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mattsbox99

Hunter
I really don't care for pawn shops in principle, but they are a necessary component of society anymore. Most of the guns I see are beat up and overpriced so I rarely go in them. Yesterday I was out and decided to stop by a local one. There was a very nice 4" SS GP100 sitting in the case with a $545 price tag on it. I didn't even have them take it out of the case because I already have a 4" SS GP. Today I got to thinking about it and figured I would go back and see if they would bargain on it. The dealer was kinda busy but said $400 and I said I'll take it! According to Ruger its an '09 production so at the very end of the Lett grips. I think it might have about a cylinder full through it, there was no start of a groove in the top strap and the carbon on the cylinder face was pretty thin.

0128121642.jpg

0128121641.jpg

BearStopper

Blackhawk
Yep they are a good pistola for 400.00. I got offered one at a pawn shop recently for $450.00 but have my money in other pies right now. In my area the pawn shops get alot of their guns through buying from Reno and Vegas pawn shops, buying estates, etc so its about 50/50 junk and nice stuff. I find that the pawn shops in my area are slow to recognize trends in price hikes for older guns so I have got so many good deals it is ridiculous. Of course they also often ask ridiculous high prices for something collectable without the condition that should accompany such a price too but still lots of good buys to be had.

frontstuffers

Single-Sixer
I got lucky and found one of these at our local pawn shop a couple of months ago. $375 for it. It wasn't in as good of shape as your, and didn't come with the box or anything, but I am sure happy with it. I suppose that is what makes it such a good deal. :)

mattsbox99

Hunter
My other one was acquired 3 years ago for $370 from a regular gun shop. Thats quite a bit less than they have gone up new retail. I'm happy with it.

americal

Hunter
I like your energy :lol: didn't sit around wishing--got up made a offer and it paid off--that was a pretty good drop off the sticker--nice DA 8)

satch

Bearcat
Stopped in at the little Pawn Shop in our town last week and they had a Ruger SS 6 1/2 in. barrel in Stainless Steel,that is almost like new.Their asking $439.00 but the owner said he'd sell for $410.00. Didn't buy it but have had some dreams of shooting it.

mattsbox99

Hunter
Heck no Americal, I don't waste time with good deals!

I've already got the trigger cleaned up and springs installed. I'm gonna send the cylinder for this one and my 6" blued GP off to TK Custom on Monday to be cut for full moon clips. Now to find a couple orange Millett front sights, I wish I had bought several before they went out of business.

RugerHound

Hunter
americal said:
I like your energy :lol: didn't sit around wishing--got up made a offer and it paid off--that was a pretty good drop off the sticker--nice DA 8)

Absolutely! I do a significant amount of 'pawnshoppin', and always push 'em for their bottom line. Seldom is the tag value what they'll really take, especially if they suspect a savvy buyer. Put yer poker face on and go for it!

Latest posts