P95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tkarter

Single-Sixer
Before I was concerned about how the slide locked back on my P95 I would look at my cleaning methods.
That said.
It is entirely possible there is an issue with your P95. I would think it is time to let a good smith look at it and proceed from there.

I do know it is not the normal for a P95 to do that with regularity.

tk

uncle46

Bearcat
Before I was concerned about how the slide locked back on my P95 I would look at my cleaning methods.

Yes that was addressed when I got the gun, I never seen a new gun as dirty as this P95, it was packed in what looked like axle grease. It was deep cleaned before I left Gander Mtn. Cleaned after the first range trip, and returned to Gander Mtn because it was locking back after every other rd fired. They had it a couple of weeks. Pick it up and took it right to the range and fired 100 rds and it locked back a couple of times when it shouldn't have. It always worked right on the last round fired. Is Ruger the only auto that needs a couple hundred rds fired through it before it works right? My new Glock 27 never once failed me, neither has my SCCY CPX-1. I will get it to the range again, I do like the way it shoots, it is right on target.

tkarter

Single-Sixer
You need to let a gunsmith look yours over. That is not normal.

If not call Ruger and send it n.

That is not the norm for a P95 period.

A clean P95 with no lube will operate flawlessly.

That is what I know of the P95.

Not knowing you.

If it seems so terribly wrong then it may be and you need to go through customer service as that is not the norm for a P 95.

tk

fez

Bearcat
The slide stop is pretty beefy on these guns and sticks out.Could you be hitting the slide stop inadvertently? my son uses a thumbs out along the side of the frame and hits it every now and then.I use the old bent thumb over thumb and have had no problems.Just some ideas.

uncle46

Bearcat
No I don't think so because you have to release the magazine to get the slide to close, just before the mag drops out it will feed another rd into the chamber. But the mag has to drop out at least 1/4 inch befor the slide will come forward.

Latest posts