Ordered my last gun.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jack

Single-Sixer
But Honey ............ Guns are an "investment". It can be sold later (after I die) at a "profit"!

Kho

Bearcat
I started sorting brass for my range in my spare time. The brass we sell to reloaders benefits some of the shooting programs. I keep a portion of the brass for my own reloading, and sell a portion plus all the scrap to a recycling business. It only takes a couple of hours per week but the money covers all my components plus a couple of guns per year. My wife never really complained too much about my purchases before but now it is never an issue.

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
maxima2 said:
Big Old Boy said:
I just ordered my last gun, or so my wife said. I found a bh 44 sp bisley 5.5 in. waiting on it to show up at my ffl.now to find some brass!

Just like when she bought the "last" pair of shoes she will buy? :lol:

I tried that line and all I got was a laugh and a reminder that her shoes dont cost $1000 either!
The one I mostly use is "Look what I just picked up for your retirement when i'm gone!" Hard to argue that one :)

winchester348

Single-Sixer
My wife no longer pays attention to what I buy she just thinks it's odd that we keep expanding the house to make room for more safes.

98Redline

Blackhawk
The concept of "the last gun" can only be referred to using the past tense and in the third person, after the owner's passing...

"...this was the last gun that he purchased"

For someone to state that in the present tense and in the first person "this is the last gun I am going to buy" is both incorrect usage, and in gun circles, generally considered to be lying to yourself.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
Wow ,I've told my Wife that same thing ... a hundred times ... I'm glad I have a large Dog house and no dog!!!!!

Congratulations on the purchase and good luck on the next 50 purchases !!!!!

tinman

Buckeye
I have always subscribed to the "it is easier to get forgiveness than permission" thought process............Ok, I think I may have figured out the two ex-wives thing....................naw!

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
My wife is never a problem for buying guns. She bought our first Ruger a .357 new model Blackhawk on her own. Then she bought my first Vaquero .45Colt.
From then on I just have to say "hey look at this one" then she asks "do we have one? If not buy it." Can't beat that kind of response. :lol: :lol:
Dana

Big Old Boy

Hunter
My wife picked up my last gun today. What a wonderful gun it is will be at the range Fri. Loaded 50 rounds I'm ready though I may have mislead my wife that new Redhawk 45/ 45acp looks real good and Lord knows I do need a 45.

Trooper Glen

Bearcat
I have stopped advising my wife of my purchases, she has always said if we have the money get it, she and kids bought me a Bisley 32 H&R fixed sight for Fathers Day. I am blessed as well.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I bought my last gun, a Marlin 30-30, when I retired about three years ago with the cash card I got at my retirement party. I didn't plan it that way, it just happened. ...but I'm still looking at Ruger revolvers. :D

xtpshooter

Single-Sixer
My wife and I practice, "Don't ask Don't tell". I don't ask her about what she buys and she does not ask me about what I buy. Seems to work out ok. I thought I was thru buying any more guns for a while buy now that dang 454 and 480 are making be want them real bad.