Opinion on 77MK11 in 222 REM.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Heavy Barrel

Single-Sixer
Some years ago I bought one of the 77 MK11's in 222 REM from Little Crow Sports in SD.I knew at that time there were only a limited amount around.Just out of curiosity I called Ruger some time later to see what they had to say.The lady at Ruger said she had no records of that ser # range and that model in that caliber did not exist which is about what I expected.I have a chance to sell/trade for an interesting No 1 which are my primary interest.The 222 is still in the box,unfired as new.Anyone have a fair/reasonable selling price/value ? I don't want to give it away but also don't expect to squeeze the last penny out of it either. Your thoughts.

MVC-033S-1.jpg

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
This one has been on GB for a long time. No takers

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=268363926

I bought one on GB a couple of years ago, just like the one in the auction above. I paid $575 plus shipping. Several others sold at the same time on GB for about $600. One thing is that there are not too many of these out there as I believe they were part of a overseas order.

I also have a Carpenter Technologies Ruger Mark II in 222. It was purchased for $575 at Whittaker Guns (NIB). It is my shooter and I love it!

Carpenter004.jpg

Exploded

Bearcat
You are looking at two different rifles,the catalog number for the Hawkeye is completely different than the one shown in first post as is serial number designation.The above rifle was out before the Hawkeye.

Exploded

Bearcat
You are looking at two different rifles,the catalog number for the Hawkeye is completely different than the one shown in first post as is serial number designation.

Exploded

Bearcat
You are looking at two different rifles,the catalog number for the Hawkeye is completely different than the one shown in first post as is serial number designation.The 792. ser # range is not listed in Ruger records.

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
I did not catch the model number difference! Is your gun the boat paddle stock model? I saw one of those sell on GB a couple of years ago, for about $800, if I remember correctly.