On Favorite Blackhawks/Super Blackhawks........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
The thread on this subject drew many photos of fine Single Actions. But as to picking a favorite, that must be qualified as "favorite for what?"

Obviously, my choice for everyday carry will not be the same as my favorite for the hunting fields. And my favorite for lookin' will not be either of those.

This 7 1/2" NM Super is my favorite for deer sized stuff, and groundhogs at long range:

103_13911.jpg

dakota1911

Buckeye
My favorites are my 45LC/45ACP convertibles. I have LOTS of .45 ACP rounds to go into lots of 1911 pistols. I like the 45LC for a weekend carry as the 45LC shot shells are good against bitey snakes down here in the SW. Not that I have anything against snakes, but if you come up against a dangerous one on a narrow hiking trail and it coils up... well. Put shot shells in the first two chambers and serious 45LC real bullets in the rest as Ruger will handle those.

45conv_1r.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Methinks I see a Millett rear sight on your fine ol' Super, Bob! :D

I really like those sights. Too bad they are not produced anymore.

52725233.jpg

.45 cal. Blackhawk....... not a Super.....but my favorite "shooter" Super is a Old Model.....

357690092.jpg

SR&Co. did a wonderful job refinishing this fine old gun! Now, some of us have "lookers and shooters". Favorite "looker" Super Blackhawk? It has to be this "Long Frame"....

292332467.jpg

flatgate

BowenBuilt

Bearcat
For plinking this Gann Custom is a death ray .45 with 250 SWC and 8 grains of Unique. This is the one for just having fun and enjoying a day of pleasent plinking.
100_1259.jpg

This .44 Clements Custom is my everyday woods gun. This would be the one for all weather everyday use. If I am in the woods, this is the one in the holster.
100_1247.jpg

Latest posts