Old Faithful 350 Legend, Newcomer 360 BuckHammer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

...Do you think Ruger will come out with a 360 BuckHammer Rifle this year or anytime soon?

I just did a search over on the Ruger web site, and it looks like they are currently offering 14 different semi-auto or bolt-action carbines in 350 Legend. If Ruger ever does offer anything chambered for the .360, I would guess that it would be a lever gun (rather than an autoloader or bolt gun), with the Marlin name on it. And with a backlog of demand for Marlins in traditional cartridges like .30-30 (and yes, I know the 'real' name is .30 WCF ;^), it might be awhile before that happens.

As always IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc.
:)

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
I just bought a 350 legend in a savage 110 a few weeks ago, came with bullets, dies, .355 sewage die, 4 boxes of factory ammo and 80 pieces of brass for 4 bills! I had to give it a try for that. So far it is a pretty neat little gun that may just reside in my truck

It would be a great Marlin lever action option.

I remember a gunsmith telling me years ago, that some lever actions are real sensitive to cartridge length. I don't know enough about Marlins to be able to tell whether an existing model could be easily adapted to the .360, or not. Might be a piece of cake now, with all of the engineering, design & manufacturing software that's out there, and Ruger running things.
:)

Ethang

Blackhawk
If this round had come around before I invested in the 350 I would be all over it.. a lever gun is much more my speed for deer hunting than an AR... that said, I started with a Ranch, then built an AR, then got an Encore barrel. I like the Encore the most, but would have loved a new Marlin in 360, now...too little gain too late.

375hh1973

Single-Sixer
You are a victim of "Marketing Hype" regurgitated by a young whiz-kid "Marketeer". What you have works! No guarantee that the new caliber will work better than what you already have!

Just because someone buys a new gun doesn't mean they are victims of marketing hype.

I have a save full of different calibers and they do mostly the same thing.

Am I done buying rifles? Of course not.

Its all about WANT, and not about need with me.

He who dies with the most toys WINS

Latest posts