Old Army manuals

Help Support Ruger Forum:

byrnefish

Single-Sixer
I'm in need of an early Old Army manual for stainless & one for blued. 1974 or 1976 date on the bottom corner. I have lots of manuals to trade if you are in need of a certain one... but happy to buy if you have them.
Byrne

Last edited:

twriggen

Single-Sixer
Hey Byrne,

Unfortunately, it looks like I had already given them all out. I was gifted a large stack of extra manuals and I had set the old army's aside as I don't collect them. I remember giving a couple away but I could have sworn I had some left. If I come across them tucked somewhere they are not supposed to be I'll reach back out.

Wish I could have helped. Let me know if there are any other manuals you need. I'm pretty sure I'm still in your debt for a couple of sweet items you shipped my way in the last few years.

Troy

I'm in need of an early Old Army manual for stainless & one for blued. 1974 or 1976 date on the bottom corner. I have lots of manuals to trade if you are in need of a certain one... but happy to buy if you have them.
Byrne
I'll keep my eyes open for them at gun shows. I picked up one for my 1976 ROA.

contender

Ruger Guru
Are you sure they made manuals with the dates of 1974 & 1976? I know they did for 1972 & 1973. But I also know they used manuals for several years until they needed to do an updated reprinting. I have some from 1977, and later,, as well as others from the 1972 & 1973.
Not sure,, just asking.

byrnefish

Single-Sixer
Good catch, Contender. After some research and input from other members, I don't think there is a 1974 manual. The "7-73" dated would be correct for the blued gun I'm trying to pair it with.
There's definitely a '76 manual. I just need one more of those for a stainless gun. Thanks again.

contender

Ruger Guru
No problem. I have chased enough manuals over the years to know that they don't always print updated manuals until they need to do an "update" on that model.
And yes,, I do think the Stainless guns would have had a 1976 manual. I need to check my "stash" that is with my guns.

byrnefish

Single-Sixer
I try to avoid eBay - and their "woke" restrictions - whenever possible. Would prefer to buy from an individual when I can - whether its guns, cars, animals, produce...or Ruger parts.:cool: BUT, I do business on there when necessary.

Last edited: