Not a Ruger but...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wolfsong

Staff member
Anyone have an opinion good, bad or ugly on the Springfield Trophy Match .45acp stainless? I have the opportunity to buy one, gently used, for $900. I own a few various Kimber. 45s, I've shot a fair number of Colt Gold Cups, but I haven't had the pleasure of shooting the Springfield. I like the specs, especially the bull barrel. Easy to field strip and clean, it seems. 4 to 5 pound pull, mag well, magazine bumpers, ambi safety etc. Some seem to compare the front strap checkering with sandpaper. $900 Is a fair price. I was going to build another AR but...this seems like a deal I can't easily pass up. I'm a sucker for 45s.

Let me have it, gents.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
I can't comment on that particular model. I have a Range Officer I bought several months ago. Clovispup and I both love it. Accurate, good trigger, well made. I believe it is a lot of 1911 for the money. Don't know how much the Trophy Match model is upgraded from the the RO.

SK

Single-Sixer
wolfsong said:
Anyone have an opinion good, bad or ugly on the Springfield Trophy Match .45acp stainless? I have the opportunity to buy one, gently used, for $900. I own a few various Kimber. 45s, I've shot a fair number of Colt Gold Cups, but I haven't had the pleasure of shooting the Springfield. I like the specs, especially the bull barrel. Easy to field strip and clean, it seems. 4 to 5 pound pull, mag well, magazine bumpers, ambi safety etc. Some seem to compare the front strap checkering with sandpaper. $900 Is a fair price. I was going to build another AR but...this seems like a deal I can't easily pass up. I'm a sucker for 45s.

Let me have it, gents.
I love mine!