Nice Ruger on Armslist for sale - Ck it out.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RME

Blackhawk
Check this out. Nice Ruger FS on Armslist.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/2384054/spokane-washington-handguns-for-sale--ruger-new-vaquero--lawman-mass-engraved

RME

Russell

Bearcat
I don't like a lot of bling myself, but wouldn't go so far as to call it ugly. When you consider the elk grips & tooling hours that must have gone into that pistol, the price is actually pretty reasonable if that's your thing.

I'm the other end of the spectrum, as I appreciate engraving. A well done specimen, executed by an accepted engraver, is high on my holy grail list.

But in this case, the verbage, as well as the gold, would keep me from buying it. Otherwise I would be extremely ready to buy it.

WAYNO.

wwb

Hunter
Whatever floats your boat, I guess. Personally, I'd be ashamed to be seen in public with that gosh-awful looking thing.

Okay, this gun is starting to lure me in. A scratched up Ruger could very well be a grail gun for me, even in a New model.

Still don't like the gold, and still don't like the engraved names. But, assuming this is a stainless gun, (is it?) the gold just might rub off. Then, the engraved names would not be as obvious. This would be a BBQ gun for me, so the gun could very well find its way in and out of holsters.

I've searched, and I really can't find much information on this offering. Anybody else here have any useful information?

Thanks.

WAYNO.

Update...I contacted the seller for just a little more information and dialogue, as I could be ready to buy this thing. He was not at all forthcoming with any information. Then, as I continued to search for information on this particular offering, I found the same gun ad in Gunbroker, for double the price. The ad leads me to believe the seller and the gun are one and the same, but the sellers city is different in both ads...Opposite sides of Washington State.

So, just a little wierd.

WAYNO.

Another update...Now, since I'm wanting this gun, I tried getting just a little more information from the seller. His first reply was the gun is stainless. His second reply he says the gun is blued. I don't think he has any idea of what he is selling, and now I'm thinking this ad was borrowed from the earlier ad in Gunbroker.

I further question the integrity of the ad by his response. Sounds like a Nigerian prince trying to transfer money to my bank account for a small fee.

Thank you for your interest Its stainless and with gold around it.. did you take a look at the pictures very well?

The gun is blue finished very in good condition...Let me know if you are ready to take, i can shipped too your FFL because i'm a retired police and i need this money too pay for my wife surgery. let me know if you wanna have it i can provide you bank details for you to make the payment or i provide you payapl for you to make the payment....Thanks.

wwb

Hunter
Everyone who reads this thread, do us all a favor; go to the Armslist post and flag it as a scam.

RME

Blackhawk
WAYNO I think you're right, I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole and welding gloves on.
RME

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
For someone who likes engraved guns that one would be nice. It took a lot of work to create such a gun. It's a shame it's a scam.
I've listed a few things on Armslist and have bought a few as well, but... there are a lot of scams on it. Lots of honest folks too. When I was looking for a double rifle a while back, I found only one in over six months that was not a scam. I reported all of them, and Armslist staffers got back to me advising me of the results at their end. That is one site that you really must do it face to face.
Bfly

It took them a week to pull the listing, but it finally happened.

Now a little more history...

When I first saw the ad, I was interested, but I knew nothing of the offering. Was it machine engraved, how many, who is the engraver? My searches revealed no answers, but I did find a closed ad for a similar gun on GunBroker. Didn't take me long to realize the photos on the Armslist ad were the exact same pictures used in the Gunbroker ad, so I figured the scammer borrowed the pictures, and even the description of the gun.

But then...I noticed the photos on the Gunbroker ad were of two different guns... So then a guys gotta wonder what was up with the Gunbroker ad? :? Some photos were of the original gun in question, and the last photos were of a similar-finished gun with adjustable sights, and of lesser quality work.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=375191178

Who can a guy trust? The Ruger Forum, with collectors and folks I know and trust, has given me a sense of security that does not necessarily extend to other places in my gun traders world.

WAYNO.

suthrncop66

Bearcat
You would think that they could at least post pics of the same gun......I just wish all scammers were this easy to spot.