NIB PC4 questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roland45acp

Bearcat
Hello all,
i found this while surfing the net this morning. i have a HP 995 and for what it cost its an ok gun. But when i saw this i just about fell in love.
It looks very stout.
Does ruger make higher cap mags for this? and does the price seem right for a new in the box pc4?
I am seriously considering making a bid.
thanks to all who have the time to answer.
Roland

picture-553.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=10929913

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
at 500 dollars that is a steal. i paid that much for a used one. NIB they should go for 600-700 dollars.
Ruger only made 11 rounders......they only make 10 rounders for it today.
Aftermarket mags can be found..i hear Promag makes a 20 rounder,but with reliability questionable?

wildhobbybobby

Bearcat
I have 3 of the 20-round Pro-Mags for my PC-4. It is very difficult to load more than 15 into them due to the heavy follower spring pressure. So far I have never had a malfunction with them, though.

satch

Bearcat
I bought a Pro Mag 20rd.for my .40 3 years ago and I had to bend the holding lips of the mag to match the ones from the Ruger 10 rd. ones,otherwise the rounds wouldn't feed right. But it's still hard to load mor than 15 rds.in the Pro Mag.

I could have bought one in good condition last year for less than $400 at a gun show and like a fool passed it up... only because I was too near sighted and don't have a need for a .40 cal. After the fact I realized I could have turned that rifle around and passed it on to someone else who would have given it the love it deserved.

My opinion on high capacity mags for the PC9s and 4s..... really don't need them.. the real advantage to these rifles is the compatibility with the same caliber Ruger P pistol... If you have one of these rifles then you need a matching pistol to go with it.

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
my pc4 is a 3,000 serial number. That one for sale was a 600 serial number making it a 1997 model. (1st year made) .
They only made 15,000 approximately of the PC4's. Many went to Police departments who held them for years. A lot are being turned in now since they are about 14 years old now. My town still has them in every cruiser. I'd love to get another one for parts and plinking....... keep another for home defense!

olathe-st

Bearcat
ruger p94 said:
Looking for PC4. Own P94.
Summit gun has a PC4 available.
http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Ruger_PC4.html
Rough, but maybe a good price to start?

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
mrmike7189 said:
barrell band can be found...but the fact it doesn't work?????????????
i guess its the safety that doesn't work. Since the trigger group doesn't come out, how could you fix the safety?