NIB MkII T512 now on scene

Help Support Ruger Forum:

m657

Buckeye
finally the wait is over; the beastie is firmly in my hands.....

Have acquired NIB Mk II bull barrel 5 1/2" just in time for steel season!

Seems to be in the missing "early 210-xxxxx" 1984 sequence, 1984 numbers jump from "19-xxxx" to the "211-xxxx" range for reasons I don't fathom.

Trigger feels very good straight out of the box, won't get range time for a few days though for functional report.

Have acquired spare magazines; may install the extra-reach mag release as on prior Mk models that has always be an advantage.

Thinking too of some form of red-dot for the rear sight inlet groove. Just to help me see better/faster, as geezer-eyetis makes black on black on black standard sight performance just too difficult....then again ANY shooting endeavor that starts with observers to tell which targets you miss, along with a guy & a stopwatch to measure how long it took to do it, is a bit suspect.....

Pics if I could; otherwise let your imagination run wild. Standard black plastic grips from 1984, beautiful deep black smooth finish;

tips/comments/suggestions/joyful memories solicited

My first pistol was a 5 1/2 bull barreled Mark II. Stainless steel though. Great fun, only caused trouble when I didn't clean it, i.e. every few thousand rounds to take it apart and clean it well.

In fact I was just shooting my semi auto rimfire guns a couple weeks ago. It is still a joy to shoot and has a better trigger now than my Model 41, Buckmark, or other Mark II. It almost feels like a two stage trigger, extremely light. This is from years of shooting.

Enjoy your gun! NIB older guns are way more fun than brand new. To be able to squeeze off that first shot after so many years, thinking of the previous owner who missed that opportunity. I guess that's why I don't collect.

Report back on the accuracy!