New toy that I picked up, thanks to holiday sales emails

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Spleenless Dave

Single-Sixer
After an influx of holiday/Black Friday emails for guns, ammo, etc. sales, I spied a plinker I'd been wanting to get, and this popped up with a $50 drop in price, taking it down to $289 plus $7.99 shipping. SR22 Tungsten cerakote with the front fiber optic sight. I lucked out and got a good price on the Tandemkross captured spring stainless guide rod and it arrived the same day I picked up the gun from my FFL guy down the street from me. Now I need to get my butt to the range and do some shooting!

Later I may get the threaded barrel from Ruger for it and see about a suppressor for poops and grins.

413694539.jpg
413694541.jpg

Nice Deal. Mine gets shot a lot. I carry it in a pocket holster when hunting, and when carrying it for just walking in the woods I bought an $8.00 paint gun holster that carries a spare magazine.
Enjoy...

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Good deal. I've given them some thought myself every now and then but yet to move on one. They do feel good in my hand. Those that do have them...how do they shoot? Speaking of which...you'll have to give a quick range report when you do get out to shoot it.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
saw a lot of good deals starting the week of TG to later christmas emails mostly, must resist!

I have an SR-22 with the threaded barrel that I use for demonstrating suppressors. Right now it has a Silent-SR on it and it is, with subsonics, Hollywood quiet and functions flawlessly.

Getting ready to mount a new companies suppressor on it to test, the company is Energetic Armament and the suppressor is all titanium and the price is very reasonable at about $385 MSRP. This company is not new to things that go bang, they do a lot with explosives (engineering, prototyping, manufacturing, consulting, etc.). This is their first try at silencers and they really look good and this week they'll get the hearing test.

Spleenless Dave

Single-Sixer
The site still has these for $289, plus the black threaded barrel version for only $315. I almost got the threaded version since the barrels are another $100 at least, but I liked the look of the Tungsten and plus the fiber optic sight. Adding a sight to the other would tack on another bit of money, plus a sight pusher to remove the old one, etc, etc, and I figured just get this and get a barrel later.

Spleenless Dave

Single-Sixer
SGW Gunsmith said:
Just curious. Does the rear sight really need to be that high?

That's the way it came, and I haven't had a chance to take it out and shoot it yet to see how it's sighted, so I don't know if they have it right or set up too high.

Spleenless Dave

Single-Sixer
WendyZXZ said:
That is a fine looking new pistol!

Thanks! I've been wanting this one since I first saw it online and later got to fondle one at a gun show. I almost got one at a gun show a month or so back for $350 and now I decided to wait and saved some bucks. Plus I just like the looks and feel of the pistol.

It'll be the one I'll abuse more while I baby my other .22 :mrgreen:

413337721.jpg

Geezer

Single-Sixer
I have the Plain Jane model SR-22. My buddy in Texas got one and he and his wife love it. They have well over 5000 rounds through it and hasn't cleaned it yet. So, hearing about this, I decided to try one.
When I got mine I decided to do the same thing, run it until it won't run. I have over 2500 rounds through mine without nary a problem. I have a pretty big stockpile of Federal bulk ammo that I've had for about 10 years and it runs it like a champ. It's one of the most fun to shoot guns that I own.

kramden

Blackhawk
I too bought an SR22. Excellent pistol. If I have an issue it's the backwards safety. Down is safe up is "fire". All my other pistols are the opposite. But no big deal. Also bought an MP22. love them both.